2 Board Brackets (1 Viewer)

mart62

Reaction score
Is there such a thing nowadays for traditional tube and fitting. I am thinking on timber frame buildings it would be handy to have some kind of 2 board bracket for adaptions then use 2 inch thick boards to use with the 2 board bracket.

Is there such a thing nowadays for traditional tube and fitting. I am thinking on timber frame buildings it would be handy to have some kind of 2 board bracket for adaptions then use 2 inch thick boards to use with the 2 board bracket.

Aye mate we used the 2 board brkt for timber frame, on T&F, what we found out, was , the best way to use them ,was to have 4 inside stds to a board, of course there will allways be laps on intermediate lifts, and butted on level lifts, we had 500, dont know where they have gone now though. We never got the Internal pans for the corners though, made it a right pain in the arse.:cool:

I bet the brickies were moaning with 4 inside boards per 13 ft board. My idea was to do normal bay widths (1.8m to 2.0m). With 2 inch thick boards (i.e. cuplok/kwickstage ones) I wouldnt need any intermediatte transoms. Just done a timber frame site and you can never ever please all the trades all of the time.

I still think a system scaffold is the best way for timber frames but the cost is always the problem.

You could try an experiment with a 2 board K/S bracket, for instance cut off the wedge joint and weld a half coupler or split swivel instead. You would have to place it just below the double on the standard and set it to the lift level. Not an instant solution for the job your working on, but something you culd try out in the yard for future work. Of course you would Have to space your bays similar to the length of the boards and tie bar your using. Could work in situations where standard spacings is not an issue.

ramsteel make a system with hop ups and intermidiates for tube and fitting contact them looks a good product

ramsteel make a system with hop ups and intermidiates for tube and fitting contact them looks a good product

Yeah they're ok but it's a lot of work with an extra ledger to the inside standards and a ledger through the brackets.

Gets the job done though.

looked costly so didnt buy it phill

looked costly so didnt buy it phill

Yeah it would be hard to compete against a firm pricing it for system job too.

Labour costs of erecting the t/f brackets are a killer.

yeh we try to do timber frame jobs from cuplock

ol yes and a load of yellow jelly to , however hate the stuff

I had 15 years on cuplok and kwikstage.

Cuplok is not too bad really

You could try an experiment with a 2 board K/S bracket, for instance cut off the wedge joint and weld a half coupler or split swivel instead. You would have to place it just below the double on the standard and set it to the lift level. Not an instant solution for the job your working on, but something you culd try out in the yard for future work. Of course you would Have to space your bays similar to the length of the boards and tie bar your using. Could work in situations where standard spacings is not an issue.

Hi Mate, that is what the T&F brkt is, the half double is welded on halfway down the Brkt, so it does not interfere with the inside ledger double, also if your boards are lapped, you dont need packing, you just adjust the brkt to take the piss out of them.

Thanks Paddy, never seen one, just something that came into my head.

mart ive been using 2 board and 3 board H U Brackets on T and F timberframe scaffolds for about 6 years,without any probs, and i dont hire or use any batons i just use normal 38mm boards but double them up accross three standards then on the middle standard of the lap across three standards just lift it up 38mm to stop the deflection ie three to one set of boards miss one set of standards then another three to the third set of boards and on the set lapping accross 1 and 3 lift the HUB up 38mm, ive bought all mine over the years for about £4.50 each but all hire companys, debs generation trad darnel stock them for sale or hire hope this helps

Intermediate transom - extendable

hi Mart 62!

we are a manufacturer of scaffold products including a ring system, cup system and tube & fittings....

we have an item called an intermediate transom - extendable, this might work for you...

Bay sizes 1.09m, 1.4m or 1.57m, the item then extends / slides out from the transom 600mm maximum.

This would be in place of the standard inter transoms.

if you want any more information please just let me know....

hi Mart 62!

we are a manufacturer of scaffold products including a ring system, cup system and tube & fittings....

we have an item called an intermediate transom - extendable, this might work for you...

Bay sizes 1.09m, 1.4m or 1.57m, the item then extends / slides out from the transom 600mm maximum.

This would be in place of the standard inter transoms.

if you want any more information please just let me know....

these r spot on

telescopic transoms for tube+fitting m8 gets u 2 inside boards

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

sorry bout that cant move them can u duh

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

use 2ft butts on 6ft bays double up boards or treble for loads

Top Bottom