Changing spanner box

777sanchez

Reaction score
Hello there, I was wondering if anyone knows where in London I can change my old spanner box with a new one. They are still doing that? Thanks.

you need to order them 777sanchez try BuyBrandTools one of our sponsors on here , it might not be to much dearer to order a nice new spanner :)

Thanks for the advise, I have ordered allready a new spanner online, the thing is that I have an extra one which I would like to have the box changed. :blink1:

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

thank you

Leaches sell a range of boxes and pins but the prices they charge it would be cheaper to buy a new spanner elsewhere .

Ahhh I remember the days when Leaches was just a little old fashioned tool shop in New Cross, South London.

Used to get a new box for about a fiver and a rivet for 50p.

Apart from Buck & Ryan's in Tottenham Ct Rd there wasn't really anywhere else to get scaffolding spanners in London that I knew of.

i remember fixing my old burtons with a 6 inch nail bent over . every body did it . i found an old burtons a while back and tried using it , how the hell we ever got anything done with them is beyond me .

phil do you remember the young assistant who worked in Leechs thought he knew about scaffolding , i said to him one day " what the FUC* do you actually know about scaffolding" :laugh::laugh: his face was a picture and he never spoke to me again (like that was a loss) :laugh::laugh:

yep remember trying to plot the lorry up at leeches a few times

just got dumped outside alot of the time

phil do you remember the young assistant who worked in Leechs thought he knew about scaffolding , i said to him one day " what the FUC* do you actually know about scaffolding" :laugh::laugh: his face was a picture and he never spoke to me again (like that was a loss) :laugh::laugh:

No I don't really remember any of the staff, but as Gus said, it was a fukcer to park anywhere near the shop!

Also no cash machines for about 2 miles!

At least they had realistic prices in those days though....

Last edited:
leechs

in the early nineties one of the lads came back from the rigs off borneo with one of the ratchets we all now use. i smelt an earner and after about a month of searching found a supplier and bought some then tried to sell them i managed to selltwo. the reactions amongst all the scaffs was virtually the same as the detractors of the impact guns on this forum. some time later i was working in london and went to leechs shop in new cross bought a couple of boxes and gave him the addresse of the ratchet supplier his exact words were"jesus i've been after this for years" shortly after he sold the business to the current owners

Top Bottom