Monarflex Sheeting

1969scaff

Reaction score
Hanging Monarflex or similar sheeting to outside of scaffold.How do you do it?In these days of Health and Safety gone mad,can it be safe to be unrolling a 60metre roll of sheeting on the outside of the scaffold,yes I know that's how it has to go.So let's hear how you do it!!

Last edited:
our rolls were 50 m ...............get roll up one end and unroll 10 m at a time and pull it along by moving the leading edge 10 m and having like a 10 m fold and work it along the scaffold
normally do ties on the ledgers and not join it horizontally like i used to on sgb a long time ago
make sure you get the right ties with the plastic with sharpened ends not the anchors

once round or twice with the tie would be my q

ok 1969scaff feed a length of light line or rope through the carboard tube, then get yourself a base plate, feed the line through the base plate and put a big chunky knot on the end. then pull the line tight so the base plate hits the bottom of the monarflex, hang the monarflex on the outside of the scaffold, keep a tight grip on the line and then just walk along the scaffold and watch the roll turn on the base plate. obviously you have to change hands when you get to a standard but alot easier or i think it is anyway

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

sorry forgot to mention that not all rolls come with carboard inserts. so in that case stick with timthumbs approach

monarflex

my way is similar to hempers fix abutt out at guardrail height fix a 2.5 m piece of conduit vertically with a haki double slide a small piece of plywood with a hole in it on then lower the monarflex on from the lift above and fasten the top of the conduit the same as the bottom. next undo all the rakers at the top let it sit on the guardrail then pick up the swivel so the raker sticks out at ashallow angle then roll the sheet out over the top of the rakers 3 men 5 minutes. fasten top of sheet re fix rakers fix next sheet . make sure rakers are fixed so when sheet is pulled they hit the standards.if its the old type monarflex with the black plastic anchors make yourself a fixer/holder by cutting down a plastic nozzle off a mastic gun

Has anyone ever started of on the first or last lift with 3m sheeting then all the remainding lifts 2m thus lappin it at waist/ hand rail height ?

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

my way is similar to hempers fix abutt out at guardrail height fix a 2.5 m piece of conduit vertically with a haki double slide a small piece of plywood with a hole in it on then lower the monarflex on from the lift above and fasten the top of the conduit the same as the bottom. Next undo all the rakers at the top let it sit on the guardrail then pick up the swivel so the raker sticks out at ashallow angle then roll the sheet out over the top of the rakers 3 men 5 minutes. Fasten top of sheet re fix rakers fix next sheet . Make sure rakers are fixed so when sheet is pulled they hit the standards.if its the old type monarflex with the black plastic anchors make yourself a fixer/holder by cutting down a plastic nozzle off a mastic gun

shusshhh !!

Sheeting

Some good ideas there.Still seems strange that there's no device for holding the rolls while you unwind them.Give the Health and Safety time and no doubt they will bring out a raft of rules for hanging sheeting!!!

Some good ideas there.Still seems strange that there's no device for holding the rolls while you unwind them.Give the Health and Safety time and no doubt they will bring out a raft of rules for hanging sheeting!!!
you know that 1969scaff. Every time we managa to get a new idea the health and safety dont like it or its to dangerous

A client of mine has constructed a temporary roof, and has hung the monarflex vertically from top to bottom!
My design states that the monarflex should be installed in accordance with manufacturers instructions, which covers me.
Now in all the time ive been scaffolding ive put monarflex on horizantally around each lift, which i believe to be correct. Is there a wrong/right way of doing it? Where is the documentation to prove?
After abit of research, there doesnt seem to be any guidance on how it should be installed i.e a BS or a chapter in TG20. Not even the manufacturers have specified.

There is mate put a ali tube
be through the roll

I've come in to graft tonight & they want us to Monarflex (Fire Retardent) a welding tower. They don't have any "Bungee's" left & are telling us to use Zip-Ties???? Luckily they insist on it being attached internally but surely the whole point in Bungee's is the extra anchorage & elasticity they provide for the wind load!!?
It'll simply rip/blow away from Zip-Tie's. Is this allowed?
Sick of these ******* bending the rules to suit them.

I see it a s a2 man job start at top lift 1 and unrolls it the other feeds it on the out side of the scaffold ( from the baorded lift obvusly) when he get to the end puts the first tie int the first mand unrollign then rools another few feet off and ties it to the handrail to stopp any more rollign off. You then both tie it to ledger.back to the roll then cut off and fix the remaning to the scafofld then go a lift below and repeat but fixing the the lower mono inside the upper and then to the ledger and then reapeat untill you get to the bottom lift hope this makes gobaldy guk i mean sense do i ?:d

There is a company called TheTubeMonkey that specializes in a Monarflex dispenser, they are a new company opened in the last month, I have used one of these and they are amazing! They do have a website but currently not live, its The TubeMonkey - Don't slap it up and wrap it up, just get your monkey out!! I have some images if anyone would like a sneak peek.

These things are the nuts though, it makes Monarflexing an easy task and you can even do it on your own!!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

The TubeMonkey - Don't slap it up and wrap it up, just get your monkey out!! Monarflex dispenser!

Hanging Monarflex or similar sheeting to outside of scaffold.How do you do it?In these days of Health and Safety gone mad,can it be safe to be unrolling a 60metre roll of sheeting on the outside of the scaffold,yes I know that's how it has to go.So let's hear how you do it!!

How do i hang Monoflex sheeting?

Simple, i get someone else to do it, lol! :nuts:

Firstly make sure your scaffold is tied every lift every brace if hanging on temporay roof make sure there is internal wing braceing to standards and kneebracing to your lacers

You mean like Underslung Lateral Side Bracing? that what you mean Steve? :p

There is a company called TheTubeMonkey that specializes in a Monarflex dispenser, they are a new company opened in the last month, I have used one of these and they are amazing! They do have a website but currently not live, its The TubeMonkey - Don't slap it up and wrap it up, just get your monkey out!! I have some images if anyone would like a sneak peek.

These things are the nuts though, it makes Monarflexing an easy task and you can even do it on your own!!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

The TubeMonkey - Don't slap it up and wrap it up, just get your monkey out!! Monarflex dispenser!
thanks for the link and it sounds really good. I have sent them and email but wondered if you have any pictures?

Top Bottom