SGB Forth Rail Bridge (1 Viewer)

RedViking

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb5s6-M5M9M&feature=related]YouTube - FortRailBridge[/ame]

That is a fine bit of scaffolding, although I did notice a single that looked like it was only done up finger tight on the 18th lift....

It's not good enough!

Tubular engineering at its best, still can't figure out why Harsco dropped the SGB name.

i ave passed it its smart as fook i want 2 go and graft on it love that type of work anybody any numbers for sgb

i ave passed it its smart as fook i want 2 go and graft on it love that type of work anybody any numbers for sgb

The main man is John Brocklehurst from Manchester branch, if not now is was a year ago!!!!.

I have been on this a couple of times over the years and although it looks good I can assure you the money and conditions are pish .

I have been on this a couple of times over the years and although it looks good I can assure you the money and conditions are pish .

heard that too robbo, we used to send boys up for a BB a couple of year back, lots of complaints,
having said that a couple of them are still up there i think.
horses for courses.

total pish lol,the summervilles were ruining(yes as in ruin)it for years,the edinburgh branch run and have always ran the bridge.

The last time I was on it was the Fife side for Palmers , spent three days cabined up for rain on a fall back rate (I am sure some guys would kill for it now ,but back then it was rubbish)as said above horses for courses . I was on the first lift of a brace that would eventually take 62 lifts , I stuck it to the tenth .It was allways the Edinburgh branch when I was there .

Last edited:
i was workin in Livingston on a distellery about 8 weeks ago, i made sure i got across the bridge whilst i were so close to say i'd seen it. Gob smacked when i saw the angled standards. never even knew scaffold could be erected like that. Do i have some learnin to do ha ha

i was workin in Livingston on a distellery about 8 weeks ago, i made sure i got across the bridge whilst i were so close to say i'd seen it. Gob smacked when i saw the angled standards. never even knew scaffold could be erected like that. Do i have some learnin to do ha ha

havn't we all:blink1:

lol,yea the braces do go sum distance scaffarobbo,but its those three top members that take the biscuit,nightmare.the amount of lads that jacked up there untold lol.

have you never seen this method used for scaffolding around a windmill?

or do i live too far out in the country? lol:embarrest:

Have we as a country been deposited in Holland? lol. No i've seen a dodgy set of cantilever's on cantilever and even beams stepping in to up surfaces on an incline, but as i say- never seen angled standards before corssing the Forth. amazing viewing for someone in his 4th yr of scaffolding. Ya can get soft on the refinaries no? ha ha

It`s really quite simple , first lift in with an angle level then measure from brace then prefab or staff the lifts . Getting started is the hardest bit peonching of swivels but it seemed to work and remember that envirowrap covers a multitude of sins (not that I seen any) .

Top Bottom