Ladder ends

Urban monkey

Reaction score
How do people

can anybody tell me if you can buy the rubber ends for the orange ladders. I have not looked to hard yet but today I noticed that all my ladders have at least one rubber foot missing each end. Please somebody give me some good news I hate wonky ladders

We just recycle the the ones off the bent ladders before they get skipped.
Get the new ones from the ladder supplier. If it helps

Same here urbanmonkey, I think once you loose the first one it's hard to replace them due to the small retaining pin. I think scaffy pays 2 bob for a box of 1000 from beaver.:D

Think you're right - these look more like something for the top of the ladder rather than the feet. There are a few options on this link which are probably nearer the mark (scroll down to the bottom for a few options, £4.95/pair). The Window Clean Centre :: Ladder Accessories

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

One more note to anyone that does have bent or knackered ladders. The HSE are currently running the Ladder Exchange until the end of November which alows you to trade in your 'dodgy' ladders and get brand new ones at heavily discounted prices. See HSE: Falls from height: Ladder Exchange for details. If you want to carry out your own ladder inspection programme you can find details at our website (Good To Go : Ladder). Hopefully this is seen as relevant rather than spam but feel free to take it out if its an issue.

Good on ya grim, it's great what you can do when pushed.:D

Don't want to jump on your bandwagon or any thing but that's a good point regarding ladder inspections. I know a lot of people do it but being honest we only do the "Before Use" thing and it was brought up at a recent audit from our insurance company. They seemed quite happy with the answer as they never said any more about it but more and more people are now looking for an audit trail a mile long for everything now.

no thats not them bro

midland ladders .com

they are on there mate,they slip inside the bottom of the ladder and put a screw through to fix them in place

Don't want to jump on your bandwagon or any thing but that's a good point regarding ladder inspections.

Well feel free to get in touch if you want any info, you won't find an easier system to implement and pretty cheap too (I know you scaffs like that) :blink1: It does provide a duplicate copy of each completed inspection for your audit trail. Think it works out about 28p per inspection so if you are only doing a weekly inspection its only gonna cost less than £15 for the year.

I know you are right Grim but honestly, I will be stuck in this office till the end of time if I do everything that comes up. Leave it with me, it always takes a day or two to sink in that there is something else that needs a weekly inspection. Just out of curiosity, there is a couple of ladders in the yard with the top rung bent, are you allowed to cut the damaged bit off the orange steel ladders?

I tend to agree, I think a lot of the time H&S checks are way over the top, and the idea of training someone how to use a ladder fills me with dread - surely it's not that difficult. That said, ladder checks is one of those which is quick and easy to do, and considering the number of falls from height - it's probably one of the few I'd look to cary out regularly.You might want to check out this link which gives some good advice on the safe use of ladders.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg402.pdf
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg403.pdf

As for cutting off a rung I wouldn't recommend it. I imagine it will effect the structural stability of the ladder, weakening its strength considerably - probably similar to one of your brickies deciding to remove a few ties from your scaffolding. If in doubt you could check with the manufacturer but I wouldn't want to take the risk personally.

There is reference to this in my blog at:
Workplace Safety: Ladder Inspections - What to look for

Thanks for the info everyone. I've looked at midlandladders.com and I do need some of them but they look like the square orange ladders. Most my ladders are rounded orange ones and grim72 them ones look perfect. I'm gonna find out sizes and get some. Even if I Have to make them fit ha ha

any supplier of ladders to the scaffolding industry can supply you with replacement parts. these include the rubber stops at the ladder ends. If you are using the rounded style of epoxy ladders (ornage) the main supliers are Generation, Trad and DSL. However if you are using the bosed style of ladders, you probably want to contact beaver.

These things should cost you pennies - not the pounds that you see advertised online :idea:

Top Bottom