International scaffolding jobs are they for real..??? (1 Viewer)

shambaz

Reaction score
Am looking for more info about scaffolding work abroad offshore & onshore on international projects. Currently based in Canada Alberta, would not mind if anyone has an experience to share who has scaffolded in Australia, Newzealand, Dubai, UAE, Qatar, or Africa for contract jobs coming from Europe or North America ....could do with somie good contacts it would be mutch appreciated thanks

Michael.

the only way you are going to get work in the UAE is on the supervisor side, not a lot going on at present Dubai was hit like the rest of the economy went flat a lot of expats just up and left.
denbo

Scaffold work in New Zealand

How hard is it to get work in New Zealand?

im pretty keen to work out in canada, whats the work/wages like out there??

New Zealand and Canada are pretty easy to get into at the moment and there are plenty of scaffolding jobs there. I am currently waiting on a visa to canada to come through. Just google scaffold companies in these countries, send a cv and wait for a reply.

hello from canada

hello fellow brothers and sisters , my name is fred im from canada , i work in oil refineries , power generating stations and mines mostly . all industrial work tube and clamp, some system . might possibly be looking for work over seas . been scaffolding 10yrs now journeyman scaffolder with our international union 1325 started out as a red seal carpenter now i do both but mostly scaffolding as thats where the money is at over hear. been thru the apprenticeship have all tickets like fall arrest, confined space, H2S, zoom boom , rigging ticket to name a few . any way im married beautiful wife 4 kids, met a gentlemen from london england the other day he used to work in australia , last yr i worked with 2 gents from bristol i believe they were over hear we worked at a coal fired power-plant together. good guys . well hello ill keep up on updating profile, time to sleep have to work in the morning. ill post as many pics of scaffolding from canada industrial style . have a good one good night or good morning depends on where you r on the globe lol

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

im pretty keen to work out in canada, whats the work/wages like out there??

i guess it all depends if you work union or non union. union rates r around $40 an hr but that comes with double time after 40hrs and 5 dollars an hr gos to your pension, health and dental at 90% about most is covered your total per hr package is about $60 ill look into it , so total package is $60 but after you minus off all the stuff you end up with $40 an hr. non union will be $35 to $40 an hr with no benefits with most of the companies. some have a plan. if you want real money get into a union hall. if your coming to canada the two main places to be are the provinces of saskatchewan and alberta. i live in alberta theres alot of work over hear. saskatchewan is booming they have a lot of potash they ship it all over the world. email me and ill get you all the info you may need ok later brother

Good post mate well interested in work in Canada
Been working in London for the best part of 12yrs
Time for a change I think would b most grateful for
Any info regarding a start across the pond cheers

As like many on here, I am fully qualified Journeyman scaffolder form Canada out of Alberta (Local 1325) and completed all my training at the Alberta Carpenters Training Centre. Am now quite interested in some work overseas, preferably off shore in the North Sea/Norway area. Living in Gothenburg, Sweden at the moment. Am open to positions ANYWHERE globally though, I might ad. Thanks all!

ok cheers mate. What companies do most of these jobs around London then? And do they often bring in Scaffolders from outside UK? Have herd in past that you guys have a lot of good qualified scaffolders in UK already... Thanks for reply btw.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

i dont want to pis* on your bonfire mate but the money offshore uk aint brilliant you can earn more on the big jobs in london,,hope this helps mate.

Damo is it possible I can chat with you more about possible job opportunities in this part of the world?

Hi All

Can anyone tell me the best way to get into scaffolding in USA ?

I am a supervisor and willing to work on or offshore . 25 years experience Advanced scaff and supervisor . Have been Contracts manager for past 8 years .

Thank fellas

Andy

well I come from Canada and dont have any experience dealing with it south of the border, but what I would do is simply look up the companies, and start contacting them. Try Safway Access, Aluma, and..... a google search maybe. You have any connections for North sea work then? Where u cominin from Andy?

hi mate intrested in working abroad got all my tickets can you give me any contact details or contact numbers cheers my email address is tomyd08@yahoo.com

Fancy canada next year, how hard is it to get work? ? On the surface it seems that for non industrial works it's a case of getting a union card ( backed up by cisrs card and experience)... Industrial/ engineering works would be preferred, and I hold relevant tickets and have experience for this but what is the criteria I would have to meet for that type of work??

ah, getting a work visa will be your hardest part mate. After that, LOADS of industry work in Alberta... Go to the Union hall, show them your creds, proof of hours etc. They may just switch you right over to a whatever level you correspond with, or ask you to challenge the exam and practical. Our couplers lil different, wedge closing. After you get sorted in union, should be plenty work around. There is also lots of work non union, prob wouldn't even need to switch cards over, I dunno. I am a union scaff. Anway, entry and ability to work is biggest obstacle. After that theres lots work

i would encourage people who want to work in canada / new zealand , to decide where you want to go , what city, then find the companys in that city , then e mail them , tell them youre interested and looking into what ever is required be it visa's, unions etc.. my m8 got pissed off in holland and did exactly that , a short time later he was in New Zealand with house,van,job, new life.

if you do this it shows youre committed , and youd be surprised what can happen.

scaffolding jons worldwide

Hello lads, I'm a part 2 scaff from UK. I'm looking for work in Europe or possibly Canada. Does anyone know of any work going anywhere other than the UK? Cheers

Top Bottom