Scaffold ties (1 Viewer)

jimbo20uk

Reaction score
Hi all

We have always used hilti rings with expanding inserts, and we are thinking about trying the apollo fixings.

Does anyone know if these fix into the brick or cement?

If they acheive the designated pull test does it matter?

thanks

Jim

all ties go in the cement,if you put it in Brick or Block it can pull the face off them.

Unless you like playing 5,s & 3,s or making the Brick look like a block of Cheese....

use apollo bolts and have no probs

I would suggest picking the brains of Derek Abbott at ADI who is most knowledgeable on fixings indeed. He will tell you exactly what would be best to use for your application - he has a banner on this site somewhere with his contact details - good , honest and knowledgeable - exactly who we need to be dealing with. NO drop in anchors in brickwork now.......

Hi all

We have always used hilti rings with expanding inserts, and we are thinking about trying the apollo fixings.

Does anyone know if these fix into the brick or cement?

If they acheive the designated pull test does it matter?

thanks

Jim

Hi jimbo,

I recently changed a lot of my ties to this type. Excalibur, Apollo or ADI will supply mostly the same style with the same performance so shop about and get the best deal. We found the bolt with a bracket worked best in brick and I have a load of documentation supplied from a variety of sources that I could e-mail if you pm your address over. We also changed our tie type for working in stone to the ones with the plastic rawl plug, both types tested well above required standard even one in particular when the stone work had decayed to such a state the roof sunk and the roof slate started dropping on the street, the drop in anchors would never have tested in that. Before anyone gives me a dig for that, we also buttressed the job for a belt and braces approach.:cool:

HI jimbo,
We can supply any information you need just get in touch we have a number of different types of ties and brackets all of which have been tested. Just click on our banner and give us a call of e-mail us.

Top Bottom