Monoflex sheeting (1 Viewer)

Dont know mate but would check the manufacturers data on the toggles as theyre designed to break at a certain windspeed i think? someone help i may be talking jibberish!!!

not sure of wind speed could possibly be bout 70 mph but tomp is correct its not the monarflex which is designed to blow off its the toggle thats designed to break

I'm not sure that's as simple a question as it sounds Phill. I think it has more to do with wind pressure, displacement height and topography. The calculations for all these questions are quite severe and best left to someone who didn't plunk 2 years of grammar school.:cool:

if the ties/toggles are designed to break at highwind speeds what about the shrinkwrap type sheeting which doesnt have ties . i did a day long course on this last week and wind speeds werent mentioned .

it was brought up on one of my courses and no one could answer how it worked in relation with the windspeed.

is the shrinkwrap stuck really tight to the scaffold, i know it must have some good strength but would it match the strong winds or would the wind just kinda rip it off. Ive seen it but never used it so would assume that the toggles would be stronger than the shrinkwrap stickkiness!

from envirowrap site,
Following acceptance and handover to your representative on site, our installation is guaranteed for a period of 6 months from date of handover against any snow loading and wind force during the guarantee period of up to gale force 9. In addition our products are guaranteed for the life of the product against fire and ignition.
GF 9 is winds up to 90mph

cant find info on toggles, but i believe they only go up to 70mph and its up to the designer(again) as to how many you put in??

strike a couple of jobs with the shrink rap once its on it ante going anywhere dont no how much a roll is compared to monoflex but you need a good sharp knife to get it off

many thanks lads , thing was a customer was concerned about the Monoflex flapping after a stormy weekend and when i said its supposed to blow of instead of putting extreme forces on the scaffold their face was a picture :)

The site says the for the regular flexties(bungee ties) break at a pressure of 45kg but you can get alsorts of tie for different strengths. Does any one know if this makes a difference if you wrap it round the tube once or twice.

Having a debate at work bout it, guy reckons they still snap the way they are meant if wrapped twice and i was told a while ago that they were designed to be wrapped once for it to snap the way it should, from the wind pressure?

I presume when rapped round twice its pritty much at full tention b4 breaking i have never wrapped them round twice since the first time first trying it it spun back and wrapped me knuckel tried again and it wrapped me knuckel never tried rapping it round twice since and laff me heed of at lads doing it dont even have to watch just listen for the wee screaches out of them lol ahahah so yeha ad say once

Ahahah was in the freezing ne gloves on and twang right on knuckles ...never again and i think after been rapped twice you have taken all the stretch out of them but hey just my opinion

I remember when i first started i was tying a ladder with a wire lashing on a freezing morning and it sprung and hit me on me nose , there was tears running down my 16 year old face , and i was sh it scared of wire lashings for years afterwards :laugh::laugh:

i remember when i first started i was tying a ladder with a wire lashing on a freezing morning and it sprung and hit me on me nose , there was tears running down my 16 year old face , and i was sh it scared of wire lashings for years afterwards :laugh::laugh:

ahahahahah love it when people mildly hurt them self ahahahah ;)

Not nice being stung with toggles r wire lashing.... But funny as fcuk when ye read, when someone else whacks themselves.... Brings back memories.... And cold blue fingers :)

Top Bottom