Scaffold Design Training

Alltask_Ltd

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering going down the scaffold design route, I don't have any experience on the tools with scaffolding I work for a Scaffolding company and am more on the IT side of thing at the mo.

I have read on here about taking the HNC in Civil Engineering and an AutoCAD Course. After completion of the HNC are you able to sign off drawings or do they still need to be signed off by another engineer?

What advice/route could you give me about taking a career in scaffold design.

Many Thanks

Scott

Last edited:
dont alltask have their own in house drawing office or am i thinking of another company with similar name, the one that worked on wembley.

if so my friend why dont you ask your own management and designers, im sure their mission statement goes along the lines of continued investment in equipment and staff training etc etc cant remember exactly but they might help you out or at least point you in right direction

i would hazard a guess that you would still have to work under someone else to sign the designs off for x amount of years.

i dont think you can really train to be a scaffold designer i would think the civil engineering cert is required plus the learning of using autocad type computer programs then it will be a case of getting a job in a design office where you will learn how to use your civils cert, autocad training to design a scaffold while supervised by a mentor

An HNC won't get you anywhere - I only look at graduates from Civil / Structural Engineering and most of them have MSc's also nowdays.

Top Bottom