Gloves (1 Viewer)

aom

Reaction score
I know this has probably come up before, but my usual supplier is telling me the price of gloves has sky rocketed. Why is it that at a time when we have to do more for less everything else seems to be getting more expensive?

I was wondering, who is paying the least for their gloves and how many do you have to buy to get a decent price? We are currently using the half coated Showa gloves, the orange ones and get about 500 pair in a box.

Thanks for that Finer, that is certainly a good price but we find we go through nearly 3 times the amount of gloves when using that type, that's why we prefer the Showa if we could get them at a decent price.

Where using munfords in sheffield about 40p a pair.

Thanks for that Ian, you just beat me to it!

If there are any gloves that you like the look off, then let me know and I will try and sort something out for you!

Neil

Send a few pairs up Neil to try them out as we have never used them before.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Where using munfords in sheffield about 40p a pair.

Are they any good Steve?

Neil do you have any spanners/ levels/ belt samples you could send me? Also looking for ratchet samples too haha

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Worth a try eh?

hay atlasash what you doing showin pics of my favourite gloves i brought for ya , u know the balck makes it look twice the size at least 3 inches

VLLB your such a liar - you want an impact wrench sample dont you? nudge nudge wink wink!!!!!

Well Darnall Hire are doing alloy spanners and alloy rachets at £27 for the spanner and £33 for the rachet.

Well I do need a rachet now as I have just got through my 3rd in about 2 years now. I have always had the IMN ratchet but think I might try the other type one with the switch type thing on. I always thought that the switch mechanism would make it weaker than the IMN version but will give it a go and see how long it lasts.

At the moment I am using the open ender spanner which sort of acts as a ractchet from BuyBrandTools. Must say it is a good piece of kit for arkward spaces but as I am the only bloke on our firm with one I get dogs abuse from the others when they can't strip a job easy. :nuts:

spunkywads i would always recommendthe superclick ratchets i havebeen using them from 1997, they are the best by far and have various types i buy them from grubb st but buy brand may now stock them

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

i have eczema and when working on the street i try not to use gloves,call me old fashioned,and maybe thats why my hands are so bad.i really beleive that if my hands get air about them they dont itch as much.alas most of the work i do is industrial,or power related and as such i am subject to scruttiny by safety wan***s

Top Bottom