RE: Simon Hughes../ FREE TRAINING... (1 Viewer)

S

steve gregory

RE: Simon Hughes../ FREE TRAINING...

Well had the pleasure of meeting Simon Hughes today at the meeting , Simon has said he is going to join the forum under his proper name to help and assist with technical info and help out with FREE training that is available to you but you need to be quick in qualifying for it before its gone under the current goverment ,
Speaking on behalf of the SCCR I would welcome this and Simon to the forum for when he joins.

poopcorn1.gif

Intresting Post Finer

"My associate is not currently a poster/member of this forumn, but has promised to join, in an attempt to gain answers "publicly" from Mr Hughes regarding the above mentioned tender situation."

I will be looking for posts by your "associate" if and when he joins

Well we would welcome Simons reply to this matter...

i cant comment on the matter but if it helps the ecitb boys out i would welcome with open arms

who thinks the neferiouse mr hughes will make a cameo on the forum??if he dose who thinks hel be able to wriggle out of that contract renewal debacle???

Comfy seat, beers in the fridge, Pizza on hold till the debate starts, cant wait, this forum is surely the 'Dogs dangly birs' for updates.

I would not trust him as far as i could kick him. The man has not got the balls for this forum. To much knowledge on here for him and his merry men.

Hmmm very interesting.

He recently created a lot of problems for an associate of mine, ( a very knowledgeable and competent scaffolding company owner in Southampton) by himself/Simian acting against the scaffolding contractor in a local authority tender process. Disasterously involving himself in some very sensitive "commercial" aspects of this particular tender and ill advising the client as to the pricing procedures being adopted by my associate's company during the current contract. Instead of purely advising the client on the relative standards & procedures that ought to be demonstrated by tendering contractors within the tendered contract, it is alleged that he/Simian worked together with the client in an attempt to ensure the current contract holders, would not be able to fairly regain the new tendered contract.

The tender process had to be abandoned by the local authority, as a result of claims of incompetency & corruption within the tender pricing documentation provided by Mr Huges & Simian, being made by more than one of the tendering contractors.

My associate is not currently a poster/member of this forumn, but has promised to join, in an attempt to gain answers "publicly" from Mr Hughes regarding the above mentioned tender situation.

He believes that the for the good of the industry Mr Hughes/Simian ought to demonstrate that the lucrative earnings he/it makes from the UK based Scaffolding Contractors, (H&S documentation/Training provision/pocedural guidance) will not simply be viewed as irrelevant, when a client seeking to rig a tender result, drive down industry rates and generally ignore scaffolding contractor acops/mandatory procedures, will not be aided in that quest by Mr Hughes/Simian in their quest! Running with the Fox & Hounds is a decision based on the advantages to be made by the individual, not morals & principals.

I think the noble people of this forum and especially those involved with the forming and continuation of the very worthwhile and excellent SCCR, need to be mindful that Mr Hughes does not involve himself with anything "voluntarily," unless both financial & profile enhancing advantages & opportunities have been identified IMOA.

Regards

Finer

Ooooh cannot wait for this face off to happen, as i have heard different rumblings on this situation out at Salisbury. Apparently Simian's services were dispensed with by that council SCC and they will not be providing any input on the new up and coming retender? Finer can I ask if your associate is a representative from Finest Scaffolding & Access Ltd, as i understand they were the current holders of that contract for the last 4-years? Or are you a representative of that company due to your name? Sorry for all the questions I am not a Policeman, just a nosey sod!:laugh:
regards
Suntzu

:D
Suntzu, you seem very well informed, but the jungle drums do not have far to go in reaching Salisbury.

First things first, I can confirm that the company in question is Finest Scaffolding & Access Ltd and I think they have had the work in some capacity for the last nine years(?) They have been a client of mine on a freelance basis over that time.

Pretty basic detective work Suntzu, (regarding those names Finer/Finest ha ha) but 2 + 2 equals 5 in this case! I have chosen the name "Finer" as a reference to the work I undertake on behalf of the crown prosecution service. "Finer" being the financial penalty verbular term............other than an adejective reference to the grandour/standard of one's service provision or standing. Also I agree...........you are a nosey sod!!

Kind regards

Finer

Sorry Finer I thought the name was refering to being better, not a fee imposer.:embarrest: Anyway on the Southampton company Finest, I have come across them and the MD seems very switched on. I have undertaken some inspections on their work up at the Wallops helicopter base in the past and couldn't fault them. I am sure their MD used to sit on the NASC Health & Safety commitee with Simon Hughes & Rick Statham from S&A and Simian used to be Finest's H & S consultant. Seems to be a very thick plot here? If Hughes enters the arena I would lay money on Finest's MD backing up those claims and absolutely wiping the floor with him. (fishing again Finer;)) So, who did you say your associate was again?:D
regards
suntzu

Clear and concise, obviously an intelligent man. Well said Finer.

well i think the man himself should answer this cos i have no comment, but i see what ya mean.. maybe dave abe can get him to answer this .... this tread wasnt meant for a slagging off but i understand what ive read.

Personally if I was simon Hughes I don't think I would join now as it looks like he is guilty before proven innocent. It would be interesting if he did though. I know simon and I have met him on numerous occasions at many meetings and presentations. I don't think he is a bad guy.

Top Bottom