Wearing Gloves..... (1 Viewer)

mrcgp

Reaction score
when i started out we never used to wear gloves but these days most places i work there part of the minimum requirement of p.p.e to be honest i would much rather not wear them!

what do you prefer gloves or no gloves...(yep im bored on shift!)

when i first started we were only provided with gloves in the winter . not sure if i would like to work without them now , my hands have gone all b!tch like with wearing gloves for so long

i cant wear gloves at work,i dont think we should be made to wear them as part of ppe.no one else is made to,i found that wearing gloves makes it easier to injure your hands in our job,at least with hard skin on hands you have a chance of not injuring them.now i just pull splinters out,and most cuts dont get through the hard skin.

i didnt wear gloves when i started scaffolding. one hand is ok. the other gets tight and blistery. i always wear gloves now.:eek:

working with gloves on is like tryin to find a womens bean wearing boxing gloves!! tough skin is a glove

working with gloves on is like tryin to find a womens bean wearing boxing gloves!! tough skin is a glove

well it's nice to know that you try and it would bother you if you couldn't find it :bigsmile:

"working with gloves on is like tryin to find a womens bean wearing boxing gloves!!"
Never tried that one mate :toung:

Worked for years without any gloves "rubber gloves rubber balls"
Cold weather, hands used to go numb for the first ten minutes then a tingling would start and the hands warmed up a treat.

My hands were always full of small cuts and abrasions and the finger nails full of oil from the fittings (usually sump oil out the wagons) and the sheer delight on a frosty morning of picking up the only alloy tube on site and sticking to it, was a delight not to be missed :nuts:

Verdict get the gloves on and protect your hands from,cuts, abrasions,weils desease (rat pish) splinters and spells, paint, epoxies, dog and cat, sh*t p*ss and all manner of nasties

smokers are more at risk not wearing gloves as the transfer any substance from thier hands to thier mouths more often, especialy hand rollers

hiya lads,ur've got to wear gloves cos when ur spanner is going at 200mph then it saves you getting blisters lol

Never wore them for years, but the last few years I have after reading about weils disease.

Gloves. only like wearin 'em when l av 2 carry nd load out gear or it's wet,but more nd more sites it's now compulsory 2 wear 'em at all times.

i cant wear

everything just feels wrong

even them little thin gloves you get, it just gets in the way

i gotta wear gloves , i got them off girlfriend she used them in kitchen to put stuff in an out of the oven , they the only gloves i have come across that stop my spanner burning my hand :laugh:

Cant stand gloves, I think they get in the way all the time, and make your hands like a girls. Call me a tight ass if you like, but I get my lads coming into the office to replace theirs because there is a hole in one finger, and I tell em to come back when they're all holed. Puffs. Never got holes in my hands without them..lol:embarrest::embarrest:

I pay extra extra not to wear protection when im with a hoe, wear enough in the day, mind you wore my belt to sh*g a bird once her idea, guess where the poker handle of my spanner went:nuts:

Hi everyone love the replies. Good to see a bit o humor after a day at the office

Top Bottom