Basic Scaffolder Card (1 Viewer)

Up North

Reaction score
Can any guys help. I have been out of the trade for a few years and I'm considering going back into it if I'm made redundant. The thing is I have the CITB Basic card and it's all changed to CISRS, so assuming my card has expired, how do I go about getting it changed to the CISRS 'new' card . A Scaff told me that I would have to take part 1 and part 2 courses again, surely this can't be right ?

Up North

You may indeed have to take parts 1 & 2 again if your card has expired :eek:

It is crazy---however, contact CITB and or NASC for clarification. :wondering:

If you are made redundant you may be entitled to a re-training grant from the Job Centre. ;)

Garry...

Found myself in the similar position a few years ago and all I had to do was take the H&S touch screen test send the pass certificate along with fee(£25ish) two photos and fill a form in with old citb details .

You can download form here CISRS - the industry recognised scaffold training scheme

Hope this helps mate.

Cheers Podger. As it happens was doing deliveries today on a industrial site and by chance a scaff wagon was being loaded up which I had to pass so I stopped and asked them what the situation is with my Basic Card and he told me that the only difference between the old CITB card and the new one is that it has CISRIS which means that you've done the heath and safety test which everyone has to re-new every three years. It costs around £20 to take so he says.

Hopefully you have your answer by now, however just in case. . .

In order to get CISRS Scaffolder status you will need to complete their structured training Part 1 (10 day training), Part 2 (10 day training) & NVQ Level 2.

I know it seems like your starting from the beginning but your not the only one and to be honest a lot of those who have learnt on the job really do learn something whilst in centre as there have been quite a few changes over the last 5 years Working at Height Reg 2005 & TG20:08 just to name a couple.

If redundancy happens & you live in the NW there is Response to Redundacy funding which may be able to help support the cost of your Part 1 training this will at least get you a CISRS status all be it 'trainee' for a while but it is often enough to get you back on site.

Sorry its not the answer your looking for but hope it helps.

Renewed Card arrived this morning. All I had to do was send off passport type photo and cheque for £23 and copy of pass certificate for the 'health and safety' test (Working at Heights). Cheers to everyone who helped with advice.

Top Bottom