Street VS Offshore (1 Viewer)

Bish

Reaction score
Which do most perfer working on the street or offshore ?

I perfer my husband working offshore ( which he has only been doing for 18months ) compared to the 20 years he did on the street .

Quality time was the main benefit that i found when he was home for 2 weeks .

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I never mix my meat thanks lol, had the same bit for 20 years, and i intend to keep it that way .
My moto : keep loyal and true , and only good come to you :D

One thing i miss from him working on the streets which offshore can never do .... that look of him waking in the door with his spanners on and looking dirty and smelling bloody fantastic LOL

Hiya Sean ,
My hubby was working for RBG, but all offshore companies are not employing at moment, best to wait until March to start making calls.

Street work is much more fun and more challenging,good being home every night.The only advantage being offshore is the cash and time off inbetween trips,its like getting paid on a prison ship,personally i dont enjoy being offshore but its a means to an end,got a chance to get on with capes on the armadas soon..

i worked on the street and offshore what i say give me a blue book job anyday of the week.

I understand what you mean about street work, my hubby enjoyed it very much.He enjoyed the challange. But as a family we hardly spent time together. Im just saying that from my point of view quality time together, when he is home means more. Such as this is the first year ever that he saw our son's christmas play. No money can pay for that, that's priceless.
Money cannot buy everything .
Im enjoying reading the comments :)

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I never mix my meat thanks lol, had the same bit for 20 years, and i intend to keep it that way .
My moto : keep loyal and true , and only good come to you :D

One thing i miss from him working on the streets which offshore can never do .... that look of him waking in the door with his spanners on and looking dirty and smelling bloody fantastic LOL

OMG!! I love that too! What's wrong with us! Its a real kinda metal tangy smell mixed with hard graft and bacon rolls. Smashing!

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

My fella works on the street, as well as events, so he's often away for weeks on end. I get to starfish in the middle of a bed covered in dogs, but the coming home is always worth the wait. Grrrrrr.......

Thats the biggest turn on ever ;) used to ring him to find out when he was due home , and be there waiting at the door for him, like a love sick puppy ......., he would say , hold on let me shower, and im like HELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOO

hi all street v offshore they both have there pros and cons offshore = you only travel to your work once a month,Get out of bed and your at work,Food not bad depending what rig your on, Plenty of tea breaks,And there is 2 of the best feelings in the world number 1 is when you get off that chopper and your standing in Achies in aberdeen supping your first pint and number 2 is when your in the pub on a sunday night and your up 4 a good bevy your mates are whinging about having to get up on monday morning for there graft.
Street = Home every night, Pint when you want,See the wife every night is that a good thing or a bad thing lol,knowing you dont have to go to the heliport,Just let me win the lotto and i would be happy lol
gaz

hi all street v offshore they both have there pros and cons offshore = you only travel to your work once a month,Get out of bed and your at work,Food not bad depending what rig your on, Plenty of tea breaks,And there is 2 of the best feelings in the world number 1 is when you get off that chopper and your standing in Achies in aberdeen supping your first pint and number 2 is when your in the pub on a sunday night and your up 4 a good bevy your mates are whinging about having to get up on monday morning for there graft.
Street = Home every night, Pint when you want,See the wife every night is that a good thing or a bad thing lol,knowing you dont have to go to the heliport,Just let me win the lotto and i would be happy lol
gaz

Scaff319, You are a changed man. It was always me bitchin about wanting home and you were always up for the 3 weekers.:D I think my off shore days are over but it would be my first port of call if it went tits up here.

aom

Aye, Offshore its handy to fall back on sometimes---that reminds me Iv got a re-fresher BOSIET in March :eek:---I wonder How 319 is gettin on, he went Offahore on Monday, I worked wi him in the 80s WWWwwwoooooooooooooooooooosh :nuts:--- where you from amo ???

I have been offshore for the last six years and was lucky enough to get a core scaffolders position on a talisman rig . Two on three off its a hell of a lot better than two and two .
It is true that some rigs are like offshore stalag camps but you take the good with the bad and when you get back the missus does look a damnsite prettier .
I toiled on the street for 18 years on and off and while the banter and the different types of work were great I still remember getting soaked to the skin on a regular basis trying to make a buck . Its offshore for me , cheers .

mmm, sea air....

Offshore all the way ! Street work is a great crack but to much like hard work for not great rewards (where i live anyway), as for the refineriery's and power station's they are steady and you can earn some decent cash. The downside is you have to be doing the overtime which means you don't get that much time off. Offshore is my choice, good money and plenty off time off, again though the downside is being away from family and friend's but in my opinion the pro's definitely outweigh the cons.

Scaffarobbo

aye, it fine ti get settled into a core Crew Job, have you done your OPITO Rigging and Liftin ?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Skyhook

Aye, its a good life eh---first went Offshore mid-70s---nae much Construction work now---HOWEVER, there is a big De-Commissioning phase about to be launched---Operators will be lookin at Salvage Crews :cool:

Yes mate, it seem's to be the "good life" at the moment ! If you can dodge the pay off's then everything is sound in this industry. That decommissioning work will go on for years, plenty of work for the future if your lucky (or unlucky,lol) enough to get on it. Where about is that going ahead ?:idea:

Top Bottom