How many people do you know that have failed a scaffold course (1 Viewer)

allan666

Reaction score
i have been trying to think of some but can only remember one and he had physical problems .i know plenty that have failed the touch screen but cant think many failing their tickets

i have been trying to think of some but can only remember one and he had physical problems .i know plenty that have failed the touch screen but cant think many failing their tickets

there is a guy on here called Dave Abe, he is from Simian and an instructor he may know. Or even give you a few details

When I did my part 2 assessed route many years ago there was a lad on a parallel course that was made to go back and do 2 on the tasks again, but he didnt fail.
Having said that, in my class there were several that should have failed. Some of them couldnt even measure out a 13' x 5' independent without assistance.

when i was on my basic course back in the 80s i can remember one lad from birmingham who thought it would be a good ideal to jump off a base lift to catch a 8 ft tube his mate had stood up as it was starting to fall over...result.. broken ankle and shown the door

Asked an instructor this question when i completed the supervisors course last month at Wakefield,he had failed only 2 people,the reason was they turned up on the course full of juice...

Two failed the Part 1 course I was on. One due to the questions at the end, think he was a bit dyslexic and the other was a complete nugget!
Tryin to remember the instructors name, welsh bloke, fat, bald... anyway the next time I went back i asked the other instructors if he was still there but they had got rid because he failed people on the part 1 apparently!

Everyone refers to them as instructors, but aren't they actually assessors ? As it isn't their job to train a scaffolder but just to assess them.

two guys failed i know

1 daniel smith
2 craig chadwick

the instructor said they were taking the pi** and they should go practice on some mecharno

the rumour going round is they were unteachable

anyone willing to take them under there wing?

are you joking me like i heard furness has started up his own firm?

Had loads of lads fail the cscs touch screen test

Had loads of lads fail the cscs touch screen test

How many questions on scaffolding, i think i had 1 about a scaff tag, to check it was in date and signed before going on it, doh.. more on trenches and general health and safety, should be more on scaffolding and then a site induction for the site your on, because even with a safety card you still do a site specific induction that can be anything from 10 mins to half a day:sad2:

How many people do you know that have failed a scaffold course

I dont know of any myself, But judging by the standard of work I inspect and the lack of basic scaffolding knowledge I encounter on many sites the fail rate should be around 50/60%

Good god Damion your too funny...lol....Shall i add to people wearing PPE on Huddersfield Train Station...HAHAHAHA...Na dont worry pal,see ya sunday ;-)

so failing is extremely rare , i know one person who failed his part one twice . he went to another training centre and got his advanced .he was a bit special though . members in the north east will know of this training centre that has long been closed .

Is it the one all the Scottish i work with call the "Pie Factory" cos he knocked scaffolders out quicker than pies........

Top Bottom