glow in the dark level (1 Viewer)

vinnyd

Reaction score
will somebody invent a glow in the dark level not a battery op one

so youve never worked in or around new build power stations inadeqate lighting in tight areas is par for the course mate everybody turns a blind eye otherwise nothing would get done , attitude is if you dont like it we will replace you,cannon fodder mate simples

i have had 3 of them from leechs and sent all 3 back 2 of them the bubbles fell out and one a magnetic big ben became bevelled with just normal use , i went back to stabillia

If the lighting is so bad that you cant see a level, you should all stop working. What do you think will happen if YOU have an accident? You wont receive sod all in compo, report it to your supervisor, then its his problem.

look the lighting is not that bad its just that it casts shadows where now and again its difficult to see the bubble i know the prosedure pal i only asked for a fri***** glow in the dark level as i think it would be usefull

If the lighting is so bad that you cant see a level, you should all stop working. What do you think will happen if YOU have an accident? You wont receive sod all in compo, report it to your supervisor, then its his problem.

That's a good idea actually.

I could add that to a risk assesement for works in poorly lit areas - liftshafts and the like. Instead of spending a few quid on task lighting I could just loan them a glow in the dark bubble until the job's up. Although I'd have to get them a glow in the dark spanner when it comes to striking the job.

Or maybe I'd just get some task lighting.....

let me explain to you more clearly seeing that you might not be experienced in such situations our main working area is well lit but if you have to stand in front of a light to look at your level you cast a shadow which can make it difficult to see the bubble yes a light on my hat would be very usefull in such a situation but failing that i myself would find a glow in the dark level beneficial as it is impractical to keep moving the lights around or getting more lighting in which can end up being a hindrance thats all if you find the idea too much to take in dont buy one as for the glow in the dark spanner i can plainly see your nuts

let me explain to you more clearly seeing that you might not be experienced in such situations our main working area is well lit but if you have to stand in front of a light to look at your level you cast a shadow which can make it difficult to see the bubble yes a light on my hat would be very usefull in such a situation but failing that i myself would find a glow in the dark level beneficial as it is impractical to keep moving the lights around or getting more lighting in which can end up being a hindrance thats all if you find the idea too much to take in dont buy one as for the glow in the dark spanner i can plainly see your nuts

Hey thanks for the advice Vinny.

Actually I've done a bit of scaffolding over the years myself, so I don't really need an explanation of what's what out on site, but thanks anyway.

Just to keep you happy I'll have a chat with a mate of mine at leaches tomorrow and see if he can can procure you a glow in the dark spirit level.

I'll also ask him if he can make you a glow in the dark tampon holder for your tool belt.

I'll see what prices he comes up with and I'll get back to you.

Last edited:
I think in the 18 years Ive been scaffin I might have come across this situation maybe once or twice....:suspicious:

Not meaning to shoot your idea down in flames, we welcome ideas and discussions, thats why were all here after all.
I just dont see it as practical.
Like the idea of the glow in the dark spanners though, could double up as glow sticks and take em to raves....:blink:

whats the crack with the dolphins you dont have to put your past experiences on dont take their snub so personally try some other marine life you might get on ok with plancton or something

whats the crack with the dolphins you dont have to put your past experiences on dont take their snub so personally try some other marine life you might get on ok with plancton or something

Yeah maybe I'll change it to....

'maybe real scaffolders don't feel the need to work with glow in the dark spirit levels'

tell that to a growing portion of scaffs on site now with led lights on their hats and also why leechs started selling battery lit levels a couple of years ago, theres a hell of a lot of tradesmen on site with these lights including engineers and safety officers we are all in the same boat here sometimes you have to tailor your own kit to fit the job this coupled with working nights and the fact that we have darkness in the morning and earlier at night now you do not fully understand the situation here because you do not have all the facts i am not alone in what i am saying there are 70 scaffs on site who all feel the same way between 30 and 40 of them are all carrying these led lights because we all share the same problems i myself at the moment do not want to be carrying anymore kit than i have to maybe i havent explained my reasons for wanting this particular piece of kit properly, but then i didnt think i had to

Understand perfectly Vinny, problem is that if the lighting is that bad, operations should stop. Task lighting should be provided by principal contractor. Your managers/supervisors should step in and get this sorted.
Believe me, we have all been here at one time or another over the years.

Top Bottom