looking for any of my dads old work mates (1 Viewer)

godneys number 2

Reaction score
hi there am jane alex godney number 2 .i joined scaffolders forum as am looking for any of my dads old pals . we lost my dad on 06/11/09 nearly a year ago and i am `asking if you know or have any memories you could share with me on my dad .he worked off shore most of his scaffolding life and i can say he loved every moment of it .so if you could please share some thoughts with me .he had favourite chef on one of the rigs he worked on i only meet him once .and any who went on any of the bp due .chesterfeild / i can not think of any more but if you worked away or worked for s g b / bp westsole shetlands will you post a note send a email thanks

Condolences on the loss of your dad Jane, Unfortunately I did'nt know him, but I'm sure some people on here will have known and worked with him. Dealing with grief is an individual thing, and I'm sure hearing from people who worked and enjoyed a craic with your dad will be uplifting. Celebrate the life cause I'm sure he left happy memories. Best regards, Brandy.

Hi There

I have moved this thread into the Scaffolders Reunited section. Hopefully it will getter a better response there!

Best of luck

SF Admin

Hi Jane

Sorry to hear your dad passed away, I just recently heard.

I worked alongside him on BP Forties field from around 1991 to 2000 ! I left the North Sea then, but i am sure your dad worked on in forties. We were on the Bravo back to back for about 4 years, shared a cabin for 3 or 4 days every month. I think he fell and hurt his leg during this time, and was off for a number of months. He worked with a guy called John O'Keefe for a while, The chefs name was Ronnie from Inverness, cant remember his second name, Fraser maybe ?

Your should be proud of your dad, as he was one of the good guys, not a bitch or backstabber that was rife offshore at that time(probably hasn't changed).

I can still see him in the smokers rolling his ciggies with the cheeky grin. Would try and wind him up about overtime and Jobs he had done, He would reply with that wee chuckle and F*** Off ! You will know the chuckle !

I am sure his old workmates offshore miss him as much as his family !

Again, Sorry to hear !

RIP Alex Godney

Sounds like one of the Gud uns!
RIP Alex

Hi Jane,
First of all I am very sad to hear of your fathers death, I worked with Alex in both the Forties field and the West Sole and can honestly say he was a really good guy with a wicked sense of humuor. Your Dad done me a massive favour when he got me tickets for the Grimbsy V Newcastle game April 1993 when Newcastle got promoted I think some one in your family worked for a newspaper in Grimbsy. I was coming on to the Forties Charlie when your Dad was getting carried off when he broke his leg I asked him on the stairs if he had my tickets he called me every thing under the sun cause we couldnt stop laughing at him he did see the funny side though. I ended up being part of his claim as I submitted a statement for him he never did weigh me in lol. Fair play to him he came up with the tickets couldnt fault him always had a soft spot for him after that.
All the best Jane look after yerself your Dad is a legend in my eyes.

Hello Jane,
Sorry for your loss.
I lost my beloved Dad a couple of months ago to the dreaded cancer.
Good old style Scaffolder in his time he was.
Remember the good times my love and it really does help.

Hi Jane,
First of all I am very sad to hear of your fathers death, I worked with Alex in both the Forties field and the West Sole and can honestly say he was a really good guy with a wicked sense of humuor. Your Dad done me a massive favour when he got me tickets for the Grimbsy V Newcastle game April 1993 when Newcastle got promoted I think some one in your family worked for a newspaper in Grimbsy. I was coming on to the Forties Charlie when your Dad was getting carried off when he broke his leg I asked him on the stairs if he had my tickets he called me every thing under the sun cause we couldnt stop laughing at him he did see the funny side though. I ended up being part of his claim as I submitted a statement for him he never did weigh me in lol. Fair play to him he came up with the tickets couldnt fault him always had a soft spot for him after that.
All the best Jane look after yerself your Dad is a legend in my eyes.

Would never know that was you Jap !!! Ha Ha ! How you doing anyway ? Better than your team I hope !!

You stalking me Tam. Am gud mate Newcastle will be back when we get rid of the fat cockney mate u reckon the tic will win the league this season?

Hi, I worked with y
Our dad in the early nineties, on the forties field, very nice man, who would always help and look after me ( I was only young then) someone you should be proud of !

Top Bottom