hello all (1 Viewer)

Darreng555

Reaction score
Finally I've got round to getting on here and saying hello. I joined a few weeks ago after my lovely wife found the site and kept on about it!

I've had a look around over the past few weeks but not had a chance to join in, been really busy working all over the place. Have to say it is a brilliant site with some obviously experienced and knowledgable lads on here. Really enjoyed some of the threads.

As an intro I have been in the scaff game for about 5 years having spent 20 years before that as a manager in Royal Mail.....its a long story!

Really love the work and am looking to get as many qualifications under my belt as I can. Would be grateful for any advice on what are the best and most useful qualifications to go for. Ideally I would like to go into business for myself, I have some gear but am not sure how best to get work in.

I am really interested in the threads and forums dedicated to advancing levels of training and health and safety standards and look forward to inputting into these.

Anyway, good to be here and look forward to chatting to you all.

Darren

Welcome to the site Darren

If you have questions about bettering yourself in this industry then join the study group, Click on the community link at the top, then Social groups and you'll find it.

Good luck in your search

Hi Darren and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

There seems to be an increasing amount of useful information being posted on here by guys with decades of experience in the industry. So i am sure you will receive some excellent advice.

Regards

SF Admin

Hello & Welcome Darren

Now that has got to be one of the most drastic career moves I've heard of Posty to Scaffolder!!

Mind you (I kid you not) we have a guy at our place who was a Trainee Hairdresser and the moved into scaffolding!!:eek:

Did he do JedWard's hair, you'd need some bracing to get that to stand up anyway

Hello & Welcome Darren

Now that has got to be one of the most drastic career moves I've heard of Posty to Scaffolder!!

Mind you (I kid you not) we have a guy at our place who was a Trainee Hairdresser and the moved into scaffolding!!:eek:

He's also managed massage parlours with me for years. Poor bugger.

From what I hear there's not much difference between trying to organise a dozen scaffs or half a dozen frisky young ladys in stockings.
Both things like trying to herd cats. At least he gets some decent conversation on site with no women wailing coz someones nicked their babywipes!

Funny old life!

XX

Can I be in charge of Quality Control Pleeeeeeaaasee!!!:nuts:

Most days there was little quality and hardly any control! Normally plenty of scaffs though! Thats how Darren got into scaffolding...chatting to the punters!:amazed:

I see my good wife has been filling you in on some of the gaps in my cv! It is true I have had an interesting path into scaffolding from Royal Mail, through close quarter combat instructing, personal protection and managing brothels. Like I said in my original post its a long story. :bigsmile:

Hello Fellow Scaffolders, Hairdressers, Posties!

Just happened upon the Forum while wasting my time looking at indecent images on other scaffolding sites. I look forward to teaching everybody all that I know and then tomorrow they can do it themselves!!:D

Hi and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Regards

SF Admin

Awrite the Heid,you sure its gonna take aw day to teach us everything you know?
LOL only kiddin mate, welcome tae the forum

Top Bottom