Frequency of tie points (1 Viewer)

HatterScaff

Reaction score
Frequency of tie points

I am having trouble finding suitable horizontal tie points on an independent, we can tie every other lift at less than 4.0m centres so the vertical position is fine, has anyone any advice as to the maximum horizontal distances between the tie points we can go to under TG20

I have gone blind looking through section 5, I can find reference to vertical spacing’s at 4m
But I can see where the horizontal spacing’s are given, only Figure 9 shows every other leg

As a guide every 4x4metres,if not possible alternative measures buttressess for example,only choice you have to cover yourself is get a design drawing put the responsibility on the client and not yourself.

Hatter,

You can plan brace between the horizontal tie locations to increase their spacing, say from 2 to 3 bays, however, you need to make sure that the tie at these locations can accomodate the extra load.

I don't mind spending 5 mins on the phone going through some options if you can explain the details to me - PM me your mobile number and I'll give you a ring.

Ben

Top Bottom