Whats the best company you have worked for

scaffdude

Reaction score
Just thought id start a thread lads whats the best scaffolding company you have worked for?.

ill start it off mine is.

Alltask

SGS from hull for the money.

Interserve for the crack lol

mills/gkn.then sgb.just told them to day to ram the cup lock up there ass just
cant do it :evil:done my head in .its not the sgb of old:sad:never mind going
back on my old firm :D 7 days a week thay just got a big job mrs is happy do not have to see me looking so sad:toung:

When I was on the tools I would say SGB, great craic, great lads, some fantastic jobs and not bad money if your head was screwed on.

Whilst being in management where I am at the now...owner of the business is a top bloke, its a great challenge, left alone to do my own thing, lads are great, most of our customers are a dream to work with.

Its All Good :D

As with a lot of Scaffs on this Forum---worked with countless Scaffold Orginisations over the years---but for me it's got to be---SGB, first cut is the deepest ;)

lyndons for me, they seem to organise jobs the best, inhouse designers, great yard staff, any size tube or board, really cant fault them:)

Been on for lyndon down cardiff i did like them but thay have a **** head
Running the show by the name of tony moby he is just a C... he could not
put a scaffold around a bus stop . he did put a tower up and it fell over
What will that tell you.waiks around with his shirt open F.ing nobb.

Abscaff

worked at SGB aberdeen for 3 years, they are nothin but Sad Greedy Bas**ds, ripped me off every big project that we done, bonis went straight in the big bosses back pocket,

work for abscaff now, the firm is the best, over time available 24hrs a day for the oil trade on the boats, double time,and high street work at the weekend.

management treat the guys like gold, best of gear and serviced fittings, :nuts: and paid for nights out

K1ng B1lly

Aye, Iv got ti say that Abscaff is way head of the pack in Aberdeen and the Boss is a Diamond Geezer---give Ian my regards next time you see him. ;)

Got to say even tho my personal favourite was SGB, Lyndons time and time again seem to rise to the top of the pile as the standard bearers and elite in our industry.

I once was up against them pricing a project in Coventry, I was very pally with the Buyer of the Principal Contractor and he let me have a sneeky look at their rates (I know not strictly Kosher but hey thats the business we are in!!) and I sh*t you not they were more than double our prices and the job still went to them!! When I asked why I was told it was simple..."We will have no H&S worrys"

Now this client were driven by their H&S Dept (Rightly or Wrongly I'll leave you to decide) and this was in the boom times, I havent a clue how they are fairing nowadays but they still stand for quality.

I have to say Lyndons or United scaffolding At the Baytown refinery Texas

I like your style tinheads, Vouchers for asda's, free mars bars and cans of juice, free sannys, ice cream van on occasion if you could get anywhere near it... Probably one of the funniest queue's i've ever saw:D:D
Fur christs sake don't forget your free bun in the afternoon lmao

there are a few good firms in leeds but anywhere that still gives you pricework you are your own man and earn what you want cant beat it

best firm i've ever worked for was a company called Millcroft out of Greenwhich in london, when johnny goodwin was running it. I was doing labour only for them, money always spot on, great rates, some quality jobs - lifting gantrys, dangerous structures, raking shores, truss outs. benchmark london are pretty good too.

best firm i've ever worked for was a company called Millcroft out of Greenwhich in london, when johnny goodwin was running it. I was doing labour only for them, money always spot on, great rates, some quality jobs - lifting gantrys, dangerous structures, raking shores, truss outs. benchmark london are pretty good too.

Used to be in New Cross, they have always done shores and dangerous structures i understand they have a rail division now.

Used to be in New Cross, they have always done shores and dangerous structures i understand they have a rail division now.

When I worked for 'em there yard was in the chemical place by the blackwall tunnel, but they've moved it now. They do rail, Dangerous structures, civlls and underground. them and TONE used to have the monolopy on the all the rail and underground work, but everyone's into it now - hadleighs, trad, palmers. Johhny goodwin retired to cyprus and the firm went down hill after that. Shame cos it was a good firm. last job i done for em, was at Hammersmith hospital about 2 years ago. he was giving me £150 a day 8-4, then we were working 4 hours overtime and he was paying us another one and half, 4 days a week. the foreman was letting me go at 12 instead of three on a friday, i was coming out with £1100 a week for 52 hours, beliting it was. nearly cried when the job finsihed!lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom