scaffold drawings and designs (1 Viewer)

hemper

Reaction score
can i ask has anyone ever been given a drawing for a job that you have never had to question or the scaffold be built differently. The company i work for must have a 12 year old doing our designs cause every time without fail its no good what so ever.

just build it to the drawing and let them deal with it. after all we all know these drawings are always exact.....LMAO...

lmao nice one steve. i started a job in a well hole on the grovner hotel just next to victoria station 2 days ago, my boss came out with the drawing and even him having already seen the job he was slating the drawing to pieces. We had to build a support frame for a running beam to remove some air con units and my boss asked me and my uncle if it was at all possible or safe enough to just use tube and fitting as he didnt allow for any beam work? so god knows who done the drawing as we had to explain the support frame needed to be built with ali beams and then throw ladder beams across to support the wait it would be lifting

ha ha! Drawing i had today showed standards inbetween the boards (3 boards then standard then 3 boards) looked at the measurement at the side and low and behold it a tight fit with no standards inbetween the boards! feck they must think we are magicians!

my only advice is .... build it to the drawing and then YOU ARE not liable.

sounds like fun tom ha ha. Where these people get their ideas from for these scaffolds and as for having 3 boards then standards then another 3 boards lmao comical stuff

without trying to get my self sacked i work for lyndons in the north east and the drawings we recieve are bordering on the ridiculous . there a rumour going round that rolf harris is involved . some times there have been ten amendments to a simple drawing and i know for a fact they have resorted to doing the design after the jobs been erected . i was given a drawing for a tie into the steel on a new build school and there was 16 fittings in it . i think im away in the next week or 2 and the jobs just getting worse . theres not enough work for the seventeen if us so we are working a day on a day off obviously the supervisors family and friends are exempt from this . 16 year iv been scaffolding and i never been treat like this . if theres no work pay some off . this is the way it is with scaffolding . its some thing we accept and move on . no ones man enough to tell us whats hapening .

cheers for that steve its just kinda hard to follow the drawing when your boss comes out and says he aint happy with the drawing, heads and brick walls come to mind or change the company you use

Thats the problem a lot of drawings are done by peolple who have not been to site & have no scaffold experiance. No offence to those who do!!

As A card holders we were allowed to change them but now a no no!!

sorry to hear about your job allan66 hope it all works out for you down the line. Glad to know its not just my firm that get pony drawings from the early learning centre

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

i think im right in saying ragscaff that scaffold design work is a good field to get into and no disrespect to people who already do it but i think alot more time served scaffolders should give it a go especially when they have had their time or had enough on the tools

Would love too. but not bright enough. Not enough titles after my name apart from Dino, **** & arse. So the boys tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im with everyone one this fed up getting an mfi drawing no starting of point off ant structure to get you started. Scaffolders know the best way to put a job up.Thats why I went back to school so I can now design jobs for the lads. with no silly designs.

fair play to you savva someone who knows the job good luck to you

We had the same problem with a drawing for a ramp to carry a mini crane, I didn't fancy the drawing from the moment I saw it but priced it accordingly and got the job and was then told I had 3 working day's to erect it. The ramp was built using forkheads and square timber supports with angled packers and another angled packer at the bottom to carry the boards to the ground. Who has that lying in their yard, told them the saw mill will take a week to cut all the required timber and they nearly blew a gasket. We ended up building it our own way from steel and I told the gaffer to take pictures every step of the way to send to his engineer so he could change the drawing to suit what we built. Our ramp turned out to be twice as strong as the original and I bet they use it more than the old one.

Top Bottom