Nebosh (1 Viewer)

T.ANIMAL

Reaction score
Just a punt i know, but i thought while im sitting at home doing nothing with time on my hands, i thought why not do something to occupy my time and maybe to better myself, so i was wondering did anyone on here do the Nebosh General Certificate home study course and would be willing to send me there study pack or information that i could learn from, i know its a bit cheeky, but i havent got the money to pay out from 650 onwards for it, can buy the books that are required, if someone tells me what ones i need, maybe the mock exams papers, things like that, anything would be greatly appriciated.:idea:

Cheers Superscaff75 and xxIanxx for the information. some heavy reading ahead:wacko:

the text books are quite expensive mate & make sure you buy the latest version;)

i have a few mock question papers etc;) i'll have to scan them at work/office so i can upload them;)

which is the better Nebosh to go for the General cert or the construction cert?

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

I've uploaded loads of nebosh stuff here just download whatever files you want .If you get tax credits the course will cost you nothing if done at a local college. I did mine over 33 weeks 1 night a week 6pm-9pm

Hi xxIanxx
Not havent any joy with that mediafire link, no files to download, is it me ? have subscribed to basic account,registered,entered the pin number but nothing.:cry:

Dandaps, ive been looking into it and there arnt that many places around us do the construction cert saying there isnt that much call for it . i think you would have to go a little further a field.

Bolton Uni and Bury college only run the general one.

them links work

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

books i bought were

introduction to health and safety in construction by phil huges and ed ferrett

HSG65 successful health an safety management from hse books

L144 managing health and safety in construction from hse books

HSG150 health and safety in construction from hse books

maybe we should have a good book topic lol

Dandaps, ive been looking into it and there arnt that many places around us do the construction cert saying there isnt that much call for it . i think you would have to go a little further a field.

Bolton Uni and Bury college only run the general one.

i did mine at manchester college ashton old rd (mancat) every thursday;)

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

introduction to health and safety in construction by phil huges and ed ferrett- this is the one i bought excllent reference material.

HSG65 successful health an safety management from hse books

L144 managing health and safety in construction from hse books

HSG150 health and safety in construction from hse books

these can all be downloaded for free from HSE website:idea:

Try wirral met College (has good rep)

also i think Wigan and Liegh College has good H&S dept

Good luck burning the midnight oil!!

Thanks Orac, saves me some money, best go out and buy a printer for me little Aspire one Notebook.:sad2:

Spoke to Bolton collage today they said the general cert was £1800 and I asked was there funding available if I were on tax credits they said "computer says no". There must be somewhere cheaper than that.

Dandaps speak to bury college, Nebosh NGC1 General Cert is 1 day a week for 5 weeks for £450 and the NGC2 is 1 day for 6 weeks for £500.

Hi Gents

Does anybody know of any colleges running the NEBOSH Construction Certificate on evenings within an hour of Birmingham. I'm trawling the internet but drawing a blank.

Hi Gents

Does anybody know of any colleges running the NEBOSH Construction Certificate on evenings within an hour of Birmingham. I'm trawling the internet but drawing a blank.

Collo having completed the Nebosh General & Construction certs some 4 years ago both certs on block release (15 for gen 10 for con), I have come across a good few lads mainly (scaffs) who have taken the course on the 1 day a week option over 14 weeks (Saturdays) and unfortunatly failed 1 or 2 of the 3 units required to gain the overall pass mark. The beauty off the block release is that you live & breath the god dam motherf**king course for the block duration, it is very hard to retain health & safety info over a long period of time if you are not refering to or using that info regularly, only my opinion pal. but i would recommend block to any budding member of the fun police, compleated Nebosh environment in November 2010, now hugging trees and guna be an activist(guna protest at coal Powerstations & not scaffold on them ha ha). do whats most suited to you Collo.;)

Last edited:
Check out IOSH web site I am surre they have a list of training companies also if your in the wacky world of H&S look at NVQ's in occupational safety and health ( usually run by Nottingham and Trent univerity

Top Bottom