NEBOSH Materials needed (1 Viewer)

paddy carr

Reaction score
Hi Guys
It has recently came to our attention (study Group Members) that there is quite a few guys thinking of, and currently signing up to do their NEBOSH GC,
which is what the study group is endorsing as another feather in a scaffolders cap (hard hat).

We have also identified the fact that a lot of the guys on here have allready completed their NEBOSH GC and higher CC and Dip.

What we need is HELP, not just with advice, but with the allmost compulsory reading materials that the course requires you to have. The study group, and NEBOSH students would be very grateful for a lend of NEBOSH GC course reading materials I.E Health and Safety at work 4th edition by Philip Hughes for a start.

We thank you's in advance, as a few scaffolders are in need.

Regards
Paddy and all at the study group.

paddy sent you a pm mate, i dont think many peeps will lend out the book its a bit expensive, most main libaries have them in the reference part:)

Orac
thanks for the reply m8, i understand about the monetary implications regarding essential course reading, on my last one TUC Dip OCC H&S i spent over £65.00 on books, lucky if i used them for more than 4 hrs over the yearly course, i approached my Union and recieved £20 in recompense, better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick, however, they wanted me to do the courses:eek:

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

However, my materials,reading ,if available, is on a trust,,,,agreement i will send any help i can to any scaff in need.

If this trust is broken between brother scaffs, everything we are trying to achieve is for nothing, this Scaff foroum is unique, look at the members, the input from Trainee to Advanced the world is our Oyster, we can make a change (if we want) through this forum.

Paddy M8

I concur, any and all dissemination and sharing of Learning Materials will be subject to Total Trust. Candidates who receive Donated Documents will be Obligated NOT to copy and Hawk the Donated Documents for their personal gain. In the interest of furtherance for our Brother Scaffs who wish to progress along their chosen Career Path, Document Security must be maintained.

Garry...

Paddy I did Nebosh General & Construction certs in December 08 the best material i found apart from the coures provider was off a website, Health & safety tips for beginners.

U can download loads of H & S info and hundreds of power point presentations on all subjects, ie Work @ Heights, the Law, every subject Nebosh examine on.

In my opinion is a lot easy to take the PP info in the old napper rather than sticking your head in Nebosh Course provider litriture.

You can also download Nebosh past papers & Examiners reports off Nebosh website shop for free.

Hope this helps. I am studying for the nebosh environment cert, start 15th Nov 10 at woodwards in Carlisle.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum David, what sort of cost is the environment certificate and how long is the course

regards

ian

they give you all you need on the course,they did on mine,it comes in the price.I would say though in my opinion do a day release course instead of a block,there is too much to take in on a block.
Did it at Wakefield skills collage,tutor was fantastic and everyone on course passed.

Paddy and all the NEBOSHers out there - drop me a pm - I have a reasonable amount of publications I can lend out and I can also offer advice - I am a NEBOSH Principal Examiner at certificate level and a senior examiner at diploma level.
If any of you are in the Swindon area (don't laugh - someone has to live there!!) I may be able offer the above.

Have a look at:

HSE Books

All of the ACoPs and guidance are available to download for free.

All the best

Otto:cool:

I have plenty of reading materials from the consruction cert that id be happy to lend any members. And Otto if you can give me any advice or material to pass this bloody Diploma last unit B that im sitting for the 3rd time it would be well appreciated. I passed unit A,C and D first time but Hazardous substances omg 2% short both times im starting to lose heart.

Hi Poledancer, what part of the world are you in?? - I am an examiner for unit B so I may be able to help.

All the best

That would be great Otto, the company i booked the course with [Safety Solutions] is now out of buisness, so im battling this on my own. Im quite sure its the breadth of my answers thats letting down, and a recent EAR feedback confirmed that. I just need help on presentation, especially the describe and explain questions. I live in southend Essex, and would be prepared to travel for any tips and help you could provide to get me through this. Thank you.

Hi Poledancer, you have a PM.
Scaffatron - be careful about passing around copyright materials in electronic form.
NEBOSH will get quite uptight with the forum owner if they find it going on.
Passing on properly purchased original hard copies of examiners reports if you have no further use for them is allowable but electronic copies is not - sorry to be a party pooper.

All the best

Top Bottom