cisrs scaffolders card (1 Viewer)

grafter

Reaction score
hello there anyone know how long it is before you recieve the card after completed assessment filled in card form and sent it back to college about 5 weeks a go and still havent got it yet.

Think I waited bout 2 weeks. Give the CISRS a call. Tell em stop fooking about.

hello there anyone know how long it is before you recieve the card after completed assessment filled in card form and sent it back to college about 5 weeks a go and still havent got it yet.

We've been waiting 6 months for 3 advanced cards to be issued.

You'll be lucky to get your card anytime soon mate.

I've had some boys waiting around five or six weeks for their cards. Keep ringing them mate, they don't like the bother usually.

28 days after the IV has signed it off? you should phone the centre were you completed the Assessment. Did you complete a 001 for card application form with a photo?

Share the love/ spread the load.

I am honestly, completely and utterly amazed that people are getting/expecting their card send through within a couple of weeks.

My experiences differ completely. We've never had a card sent back within 3 months.

dont know what you guys are doing wrong,
must be something,
cause i had all 3 of my cards sent to me within 10 days of my portfolio's being signed off.

The official turnround time from portfolio being signed off and you receiving your card is 12 WORKING DAYS

give them a bell mate 0844 8157223(cisrs helpline)

Last edited:
I noticed someone on my facebook page complaining about waiting for the CISRS card to come through (is this you, btw? :)).

So, you or someone pays the CISRS centre quite a few £££ for you to do a course over 10 days (or so). At the end of the course, do you know if you have passed or not, or do you have to wait for results?

If you walk out of the centre, knowing you have passed, do they not give some kind of provisional certificate so that you can work?

When your work depends on you actually holding the CISRS card in your hand it's an absolute disgrace that you have to wait more than even 5 working days. Just how many of these cards are being issued that whoever produces them is so overloaded with demand, it takes months to arrive??

Yes, get on the phone to them immediately and tell them you paid good money (or whoever did - government even!!), you want your card so that you can work. :mad:

Totally agree it is a disgrace and I havent met anyone who has failed a CISRS course . People who are inept would stop doing the courses if there was a fail and that would hit the cash flow ,SIMPLES .

Took 2 weeks for my advanced card to come through a few months ago

We generally get our cards through somewhere between 3-6 weeks.
But have some cases where theyve taken several months. Give em a call and give them stick.

to better tax
yes you find out on the day of your test that you have passed or failed,
yes you get a certificate to say you have passed,
but that certificate aint worth the paper its printed on
and that does not entitle you to a card
you need to do a NVQ to get your card (depending on which course you just passed,determines which scaffolds you need to do in the NVQ)
only once that NVQ has been signed off as complete by the centre where you took the course
can you apply to bircham newton for your card.

Top Bottom