Doggs (1 Viewer)

sabretiger

Reaction score
I have just been round my home town , and seen 3 different scaffolds with DOGGS attatched from lower handrail to inside ledger:eek:., s this acceptable?. Have I missed something in the regulations the way scaffolding is constructed? , We have allways dogged either wishbone style( we are told this is the PROPPER way) or from inside standard to outside ledger, i might be missing somt here, jus dont seem right :wacko:

I have done it a long time ago from top handrail to inside ledger usually when doing tower blocks when it was acceptable to have a 3m lifts at floor levels, unless it has a design to prove it works then nowadays to comply with TG20:08 its a 2m lift then a 1m boarded lift at the floor level.

YAY i understand the way tower block an 10ft lifts work , but this is just bog standard 2mtr lifts , strikes me that this is no where near as strong, being the end doggs were on floating handrails , ah its jus me i suppose , just seems wrong :eek:

Last edited:
I've done it on a big job. We were made to stick check fittings on either side of the brace though, and as far as i can remember they had to go at every standard :amazed:

Top Bottom