COSHH Assessment for Scaffold ? (1 Viewer)

HatterScaff

Reaction score
Have been asked for a COSHH assessment for an Independent Scaffold????

Have been asked before but managed to get away with saying its not applicable to scaffold!

Anyone got one they could share?

Thanks

(Control of substances hazardous to health) not sure what as got to do with an independant?

Have been asked before but managed to get away with saying its not applicable to scaffold!

Thanks

I can only think that maybe its for Klipeeze as presume you have to have a coshh certificate for that. other than that f**k knows or am i missing the point here. confused.com:laugh:

Not applicable hatter like the above posters say !!
COSHH usually only applies to scaffeze ect

Think someones getting the wires crossed somewhere.
You most definately dont need a COSHH assesment for erecting an independent.
Some contractors however do ask for the COSHH for the cliplube like has already been stated.

Just another instance of some muppet getting into a position of authority with no knowledge.

Thanks

Depends if your dipping a bin of fittings into oil/derv etc and then putting the bin on some water side and you have the colours of the rainbow all over the floor !!!

lubricants and marker paints bud , to make your life easier in future may i advise the following as you will bump into more an more muppets in the future ,
create a basic generic coshh no more than 1 A4 sheet paper
create a basic generic waste policy no more than 1 A4 sheet paper

when you send method statements , risk assess and general site packs to site chuck these in aswell from now on, the paperwork for this game now is beyond a joke

Only time I've dealt with COSHH in relation to scaffold is when we brought scaff ease on site to service fittings in situ . The production of the manufactures COSHH sheet was more than enough to keep the clients safety officer happy .

Thanks

You been cutting boards Hatter??????? PM me for help

Worked on a power station where we erected scaffold to strip asbestos. Although the scaffolding was completely cleaned off prior to strip, we were not allowed to use the same materials anywhere else on the site.

Worked on a power station where we erected scaffold to strip asbestos. Although the scaffolding was completely cleaned off prior to strip, we were not allowed to use the same materials anywhere else on the site.

Never heard of that before as the scaffold should have been fully sheeted as a hazzy tent, incapsulated so nothing can go airborne, sheeted from the inside so none of the scaffold comes in contact with asbestos, then air tested to check its completely sealed and then signed as passed. Before any stripping can take place.:weird:

Top Bottom