Tag Men (1 Viewer)

T.ANIMAL

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the trend of Scaff Tag men that they starting to ask for aberdeens on every boarded lift, if im doing a single lift boarded with or without kicker lift i will put aberdeens in, but 3 or 4 lifts i wouldnt do every lift, or if its a long straight run, one lift wonder, i would do every other set of standards, anyone have any thoughts on this:idea:

yeh use readylocks and diminish the problem

We usually do every braced frame for the heavier stuff.

Just use Mills doubles for your transoms on every standard don't need to put extra tubes in then.

It has been common practice for many years in the industrial sector to build scaffolds double on double ie transom sits on ledgers across a pair of standards and fixed with doubles , on none working lifts boards were simply lapped across the transoms to work off. the problem with this was the boards were only supported every 6ft (1.8m) this is not good practice but lets be honest we've all done it.

So now all lifts must be mapped with 1.2m transom spacing but tag men still want the rigid structures the double on double system offers especially when it is not possible to fix leger bracing due to obstacles running through none working lifts such as pipe tracks or cable trays etc. Aberdeens have now become common practice on all lifts on a lot of industrial sites.

AS Scaffy states ready lock transoms could provide an alternative in some situations reducing the amount of materials and man hours, however their use is limited to four or five board wide configurations. There is a lot to be said for the Mills 90 and it surprises me this fitting is not in more common use . Perhaps another alternative that would save on man hours and materials would be some kind of wrap over fitting with a spacer to raise the intermediate transoms :idea:

If it's just for ourselves we fit the toes on swivels, that lifts the tranny up to the same level as the aberdeen.

The TG20 toolbox talk has a page on this near the back, hence the reason more people are asking.

Mill's 90's double on double, Band an plate for transoms, The solution has always been there.

iv never ever put an aberdeen in or put the transoms on doubles when working street work and there hs never been a problem . i know none of the loclal companys where i live put them in .obviously offshore and the like you cant get away with it but it makes no real difference

iv never ever put an aberdeen in or put the transoms on doubles when working street work and there hs never been a problem . i know none of the loclal companys where i live put them in .obviously offshore and the like you cant get away with it but it makes no real difference

Aberdeens are necessary for TG:20 10 compliance , sheeted scaffolds , and unbraced pairs of standards where the sway brace is dog legged through one bay .

As i,ve said on a previous thread Podger,All the knowlege from Industrial sites as slowly come on too the Civil side (town) apart from the rates of pay. ;)

Know what you mean mate, my sympathies are with the lads on price work they are expected to put jobs up to comply with all the latest ACOPS but its never reflected in the meterage rate :mad:

Top Bottom