harness. (1 Viewer)

dico

Reaction score
dont agree a lot with some of this health and safety but i will say one thing
they got it right with the harness you only get one chance how many of us have said cor that was lucky.you think tyres are dear on your car there worse
on a wheel chair.

they got it right with the harness you only get one chance how many of us have said cor that was lucky.you think tyres are dear on your car there worse
on a wheel chair.

It never crossed my mind that tyres on a wheelchair would need changing.

How much are a new pair roughly?

il ave a word with antie doris.

on a wheel chair.

Your right there dico,i always say every trade should wear em.

i personally feel more at risk when i use it as intended

i would rather trust my instincts

a lot of scaffs hate em,. and yes they can be a pain.but like i say you only get one chance. amazing how many scaffs say check my carabina.when an awkward. job comes up i may be olde school but not stupid.

Double lanyard as standard,u never know when you might come across a beam,extra large 1 as well for scaffs over 16stone.

Never had a problem with wearing a harness with a double lanyard .
Must be a macho ******** thing with some scaffs

:cry:Harnesses have there place and are essential bits of safety gear but I can assure you if you ever fall in one and it deploys the trauma to your balls , legs and back would be severe . I have only read about it as I have never seen one deployed ( although used them for towing a car on occasion ) in a real situation . As far as I am concerned wearing them on the deck or building hop ups is just plain stupid but they say its habit forming , try telling that to my ball sack

I think you are right dico, once is all it takes. There certainly was a macho thing for a while but it's fading now through education, I wish I could say the same for my seat belt as no matter how hard I try I just can't get used to it and now with all these alarms and flashing lights going off I have taken to plugging it in and then sitting on it. You would think it would just be easier to wear it.:eek:

That's got to take the cream cracker is it not? What's the point of it?

how long do you get in if you fall now ?

That's got to take the cream cracker is it not? What's the point of it?

The point is that the powers that be have realised that despite constant training, supervision etc the workforce out here are liable to stand on guardrails etc so if they have a harness, dont clip on and subsequently fall off by their own stupidity all that is reasonably practicable to keep them safe has been done.

i cant stand them , but they do have there place , i remember being asked to handrail open steel work on the 15th floor for the ribbed deck to go down (which was being laid by the steel erectors) i asked for a harness and was told to get the f*** up there or get of the job by the site agent.
Some sites you come out the canteen without it on and some idiot is on your case, why i try and stay on the street work much less aggro

mini inertia blocks are best,as you cant physically fall over due to the seat belt style design,a little restrictive but very good.The length of time you get if left hanging by the 8ollocks depends on the individual,but definatly not recommended any more than 15mins max..

I think you are right dico, once is all it takes. There certainly was a macho thing for a while but it's fading now through education, I wish I could say the same for my seat belt as no matter how hard I try I just can't get used to it and now with all these alarms and flashing lights going off I have taken to plugging it in and then sitting on it. You would think it would just be easier to wear it.:eek:

thats what them "Masarati" do aom :toung:

i thought it was a lot less then 15minutes

on a wheel chair.

get a ******* life or get a job in BQ

Top Bottom