very high work (1 Viewer)

can you imagine the wind factor up there , and the temperature even on still warm days at ground height it will be a world different up there , me likey :laugh:

if you didnt need a sh*t before climbing up that , you definitely would by the time you got up there :laugh:

Don,t think that climing helmets would be any good if they hit the deck from that height :nuts:

once priced a job that was at the bottom of one of these big towers, not as high as this one like , basically the job was to erect a scaffold 9ft high appros 30 mtr by 30 mtr square which once erected went over top of all the cabins toilets etc etc and we would of created footpaths to all cabins toilets and the access , egress point at bottom of tower, among the scaffolf then all the top was to be double boarded because at 400ft if an engineer drops a nut, bolt or tools etc etc a fallen item would go straight thru a single baton , so double boarded to protect everyone underneath anything bigger than a small hand tool eg spanner would still go thru both boards :nuts:

it's interesting to see OHSA, the american version of the HSE allow him to climb not clipped as they've stated constant clipping and unclipping is labourious and more dangerous than him clipping on. At least somewhere has some common sense left. i imagine it would be more difficult to rescue him clipped on and he would probably be dead from suspension trauma by the time the firefighters got to him anyway, if he was to slip.

Even more gutted if you dropped your tools or a vital bolt. You think they were changing the light bulb at the top?

Might be easier getting dropped off by helicopter :nuts:

Where is CDM when you need it, Design out any risks!!!!!

I'm feckin glad im so big now, It'll never take heavy loads like me!!!!!!:laugh:

it would be funny if he got to the top and his boss was down below waving his arms saying "na, its the tower over there you want"!

Can you imagine doin that climb on a monday mornin...:eek:

i have climbed a couple of towers (nothing like that high ) but let me tell you , going up is not so bad , coming back down is when it gets a bit scary...:push:

Top Bottom