favourite spanner (1 Viewer)

allan666

Reaction score
i always loved the brit tool ones and still have a broken one in the cupboard i may get round to fixing one day . i know this thread will of been done before but . so f+%k post again

i like leachs long life box with a flat handle and ball head , i always used a big ben but cant get the boxes to fit anymore :(

it depends on the job really dont it . i used to have an aluminium IMN spanner for price work and a nailspan for off shore . i v got to use lyndons own spanner with the lanyard on at the minute . they have moved on a lot since the old boulton ones havent they .

thats very true allan i have nearly always done street work , so a nice light spanner is all you need

what do you mean paddy . are nailspan made by brit tool .i think the life time guarantee finished that spanner off i had mine replaced about 15 times . used to change them at the green market doon your end

missed a punctuation mark out mate. I use Nailspan now. I used to use Britool, also bought from Bullmans in the Grainger Market (Not the green mkt) after i returned 2, they withdrew them, so much for the lifelong guarantee mate:eek:

aye thats right grainger market , the green markets gone now hasnt it , the one with the dead rabbits hanging up . where abouts in newcastle you from , i lived in walker for a bit all my family still live there

Have a brittool, handle broke, got it welded, box split in 2 halves, got that welded, tried to get new one, no luck, like the spanner. Have the same podger 40 years.

and "melco" one of the worst spanners on gods earth , you could go through a box in a week on price ,

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

priory woz 1 of the best
always found them great for the dreaded "pinch" :eek:

A Burton spanner £8-50 in 80s,A big difference nowadays for doing the same job ? Why hav,ent our wages increased with our spanners we,ed all be quids in by now. :nuts: I like a spanner with a little bit of weight in it for the odd tap here an there IMN BI HEX not a bad spandangler. ;)

and "melco" one of the worst spanners on gods earth , you could go through a box in a week on price ,

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

always found them great for the dreaded "pinch" :eek:

jeez yeah, was given one when first started

i use leaches alloy handle (thick/flat) with bi hex box

reminds me i need a new one pretty soon

aye thats right grainger market , the green markets gone now hasnt it , the one with the dead rabbits hanging up . where abouts in newcastle you from , i lived in walker for a bit all my family still live there

I live in a nice quiet hamlet named Newbiggin hall estate, where the Rottweilers walk about in 2s.

Walker, i was working down there 2 year ago, on the Walker regeneration scheme, we were doing T&F for timber framed housing at Clifford st i think. then i went up to the old baths opposite the Jubilee club.

What a laugh me and me mate were doing a Cantilever drop, 4 lifts up at 8.30 am on a Mon morning and up staggers this owld slapper, bouncing off the walls mortal drunk, we were on the droppers, when she got her eye on Spider (my mate) OI ! Bob the Builder she calls, what the feck you doing up there, i couldnt move for PMSL, she then went into somebodys garden and pinched all there flowers.

We were losing ladders everyday, the local wide guys were knicking them to climb over the scrap yard wall to knick the stuff they had weighed in the day before. I think Walker invented re-cycling. (bless there little cotton socks).

Top Bottom