Yorkshire Corner ?

Mark_ISL

Reaction score
Can anyone (probably from Yorkshire :laugh:) explain what a 'Yorkshire corner' is. Heard the term in the office today after it had been mentioned on one of the sites in relation to the scaffold return, but no one here knows what one is :wondering:

Can anyone (probably from Yorkshire :laugh:) explain what a 'Yorkshire corner' is. Heard the term in the office today after it had been mentioned on one of the sites in relation to the scaffold return, but no one here knows what one is :wondering:

I know of a '' Liverpool return '' where by the scaffolders didn't work out the returns / boards correctly so you have ledger then the return ledger on top as transoms and another trannie on top of that one !!

A new one to me , anybody ever come across The South London Lean To ?

yeh thro some long up at gutter and go from there , south london leaner great scaffold

Looked it up on google ( definitions ) Tupgill park, forbidden corner, full of strange things, Make any sense Rigger ?.

Tha,s a lot of bloody strange things in the Yorkshire Realm,and that includes most of us bloody Tykes :eek:

Is that the same as a "leaner" if so there is a big thread on here

Thanks Rigger missed that one, yes same thing used to stand on the bay window roof to to build them usually cash in hand in firms time with firms gear :D

A yorkshire corner, easy thats all they get when they play man u :D

Short memory there Joe, :D

Can I take you back to 3 Jan 2010, Manchester Unt 0 Leeds 1

and a few comments from a guy that knows a bit about football

"Manager Sir Alex Ferguson did not hold back in criticising his players as Manchester United were dumped out of the FA Cup by League One side Leeds. Ferguson said Leeds had deserved the victory as their rivals won 1-0 in a big upset at Old Trafford.
"I didn't expect that performance, it was shocking. I've no complaints about the result," said Ferguson. "

La La la

You splice a tube with band and plate under the tranny which would be your ledger for the return and continue that through as your ledger. When you put trannies on top of that now it will be the same level, ie no overlap so no trip hazard. Difficult to explain in words, basically you want all the trannies at the same level.

have seen that done before and wondered why ???

Top Bottom