Overseas (1 Viewer)

CelticWarrior

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,been reading some of your posts and decided to join in myself.Been looking around for a contracts mamagers jobs for a bit now and have been lookoing overseas.Does anyone have any info on Lybia?,thinking of doing something overthere.

Hi Celtic Warrior and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Regards

SF Admin

Hi CelticWarrior,
Yes, i've been to Libya a few times now, once managing a shutdown project and twice conducting training courses.
It seems that most Engineering companies out there employ their own little teams for their respective maintenence contracts, shutdowns and the like. For major construction jobs it is more likely to be Cape who have a presence out there. They used to manage North Africa out of their Malta base, but whether it's now moved to their new office in Madrid, i'm not sure. One thing to remember, is that as far as i am aware, no one employs scaffolders from the UK or Europe, unless they are Supervisory level or above. Most Scaffolders are either Libyan, Egyptian or Philipino...for obvious financial reasons
If you want to get something on the maintenence side, try the operating companies or some of the engineering companies servicing the operators. Bonatti Engineering of Italy are big there, but there are others, although most are Italian at the moment, given the countries history with their Northern neighbours.
As for agents, the Italian companies seem to deal through the Swiss in my experience - try Aczenta or TalkPool, but i'm sure there must be others that i don't know.
Good luck. J

Celtic warrior - have replied to your pm , what areas did you work prior to going abroard (if i have that rite)
As i said looking for work oppurtunities anywhere in UK and will pay the price for the rite person with contacts:sick:

from time to time I could offer jobs in Malta if you want send me email with your CV. Jobs could consist working on Oil rigs as Scaffolder.

thanks

Hi, I would love to work in Malta, I have worked offshore in the UK for 18years & now living in Croatia & looking for work in Europe I can send you in CV? My email is richiedry@yahoo.co.uk it will be good to speak to you, I look forward to your reply.
Kind regards, Richard Dry.

Top Bottom