lanyarded spanner (1 Viewer)

theres probably already a thread on this but im bored . how many of you are using a lanyarded spanner and what do you think of them

Hi mate i bought 2 from brandtools.com they are good, i had 1 on my level and 1 on my ratchet, however, after a few weeks i took them off, we are busy as feck on price at the minute, and it was a bit cumbersome using them. I have now just the 1 lanyard on my Leatherman, as some **** pinched my last one, when it fell off my belt.:eek:h:

a lot of companies are making you use them on your spanner . a mate of mine got warning for not having his connected last week . for some reason you need them on your main spanner but not your ratchet , level , open ender . etc .

Heard of them, never seen it. With all the gear you have to wear now harness etc, I imagine it would be akward. Anyone got a pic.

theres probably already a thread on this but im bored . how many of you are using a lanyarded spanner and what do you think of them

Bovis & Carrillion have made it compulsory on their sites for the tools but.. sleaves ,doubles tube etc don't need them :wondering:

Bovis & Carrillion have made it compulsory on their sites for the tools but.. sleaves ,doubles tube etc don't need them :wondering:

couple of lanyards we have used

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 63
yes mate its a carrilion site i m on at the minute . although i think lyndons use them on all jobs now . i know project scaffolding from teeside do . we also need to brick guard and debris net all scaffolds so the brickies dont need a lanyard on there trowel . i think the rule is if your 2 m high and less than 2 m from the edge you need a lanyard . all trades

yes mate its a carrilion site i m on at the minute . although i think lyndons use them on all jobs now . i know project scaffolding from teeside do . we also need to brick guard and debris net all scaffolds so the brickies dont need a lanyard on there trowel . i think the rule is if your 2 m high and less than 2 m from the edge you need a lanyard . all trades

I am at Lyndons mate at the moment just Bovis & Carillion they are a pain forever snagging catching handrail doubles the lanyards caused me to drop 5' tube 1 lift and a fitting 3 lifts so I put a near miss report in citing the lanyards being at fault ,nothing come of it :mad:

Tool Safety Lanyards
You are here: Brand Tools Online > Scaffolding Tools > Tool Safety Lanyards

Tool safety lanyards from Acesa and IMN allow you to secure your tools when working at height. The Acesa tool safety lanyard is great value and ideal for using with any hand tool with a hole in it (e.g. scaffolders levels, many spanners & wrenches).

Acesa Tool Safety Lanyard

Ref: A4390-0000

Price: £9.99 (Ex VAT)

Great value tool safety lanyard. Ideal for securing your tools at height. Can be used to secure any hand tool with a hole in (e.g. many models of scaffold spanners, scaffolders levels, adjustable wrenches, etc) to any scaffold toolbelt with appropriate lanyard clips or holes. With strong metal core and clear plastic cover. In accordance with the 2005 regulations on working at height.

Estimated delivery (working days): 1-2 days

just a matter of time till some one loses there teeth with that telephone wire type that lyndons use

The quailty of that box ( yellow lanyard ) on that spanner is as bad as a melco utter garbage one week striking and it had spread , Lyndon's are trying allsorts on this and spending a lot !!

a few lads have had that bi hex spanner with the yellow lanyard and they havnt lasted long at all .i got the same spanner but with the normal hexagon box and its lasting well . ihad it about seven or eight months and its still spot on

I am at Lyndons mate at the moment just Bovis & Carillion they are a pain forever snagging catching handrail doubles the lanyards caused me to drop 5' tube 1 lift and a fitting 3 lifts so I put a near miss report in citing the lanyards being at fault ,nothing come of it :mad:
Just as I imagined, their awkward then.

I have read this thread with dismay:( when the major contractors are making it compulsary to use lanyards on thier sites

I have never used a lanyard. Yes I have dropped my spanner on occasions over a long career, but not on a regular basis.

I have never injured anyone by dropping the spanner

What is the thinking as regards to the securing of fittings & tube.The boards,system components and all the other kit we use on a daily basis in loose form, and unprotected from falling apart from our old little fumble fingers

Are bricklayers going to tie thier trowels on lanyards,seen a few of them dropped over the years,I could go on infinitum,but as I feel like alice in wonderland I am off for my Tea

I have read this thread with dismay:( when the major contractors are making it compulsary to use lanyards on thier sites

I have never used a lanyard. Yes I have dropped my spanner on occasions over a long career, but not on a regular basis.

I have never injured anyone by dropping the spanner

What is the thinking as regards to the securing of fittings & tube.The boards,system components and all the other kit we use on a daily basis in loose form, and unprotected from falling apart from our old little fumble fingers

Are bricklayers going to tie thier trowels on lanyards,seen a few of them dropped over the years,I could go on infinitum,but as I feel like alice in wonderland I am off for my Tea

Worked on a school couple of months back yes the brickies had them ,steel erectors, joiners for the hammers, dry liners the list goes on its a farce cos it's just the tools that they want tethers on not a brick on a bolt or a double :mad::confused:

Shrinked wrapped scaffold, on all sites before long if this is the way forward.

As you's have all identified, is it only tools that hit you on the head that hurt. What about a lanyard for every brick, and once it's laid the brickie releases it and transfers it to the next brick to be laid.That would shut the tossers up about their bonus:mad: hate the ***** think they are the dogs dangly bits.

whats this world coming to

whats gonna be next

Top Bottom