speed threads! (1 Viewer)

atlasash

Reaction score
any one know why fittings dont have speed threads like the old mills fittings?

they got a bad name for loosining when subjected to vibration ( could have used a better washer to combat this )...

ditto Garry's comments.

Thats why you see Mills double with two types of threads.

I have seen boulton hybrids with speed threads but not many.

i remember burtons bringing out a fitting called unique in the early 90s speed thread was a good double

I thought speed threads were banned!! A job by a railway collapsed years ago because of the vibrations the speed thread comes undone.

Might have been an old story blown up a bit but thats what I was told a long time ago!!:unsure:

well that explains it then, were the threads outlawed then or just phased out?

atla

either way they are as rare as hens teeth---which is unfortunate I prefer Millz Fittings---they could have modified the washer to an anti-vibration one :idea:

They used a double washer to combat vibration but it seems not to have worked . Unfortunate , it was a great fitting mills 90 or regular little giant .

aye, the flat washers werni any yees---should have tried nurrelled washers---great fitting...

atla

either way they are as rare as hens teeth---which is unfortunate I prefer Millz Fittings---they could have modified the washer to an anti-vibration one :idea:

i wonder why they didnt? out of interest how long were they in circulation for before they were deemed untrustworthy?

thought interserve still used thousands of mills fittings !!!

the nuts are a lot easier to tighten and loosen because they stick out sideways

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

i should point out only use the mills on the basic basing out of a saddle

do they have the same slip values singulally or only in pairs

Top Bottom