any 1 no of how to get work in australia ???

looking to go over and work in australia any tips ,companys to contact .all help appreciated ,cheers lads

I was out there for 2 years back in 99/00 doing a lot of the Olympic work in Sydney. At that time I got out there on a sponsorship visa, which meant I had to have employment set up before I travelled. This could be renewed on a year-by-year basis up to a maximum of 4 years.
Check out Australia house website for current vias regs, although if you're under 30 you can apply for a one year working holiday visa.
The work is ok. Dunno about industrial and mining work.

We started at 7 finished at 3 on a usual day - overtime rates were very good.

The standard of scaffolding is usually very poor when compared to the UK, although I mainly did power cradles which involved rigging and a tube/fitting build-up on the roof with a mainly UK ex-pat crowd. Most access scaffolds are done in system.

The Aussie scaffolders seem to have a fascination with tie-wire (the type steel fixers use) - dunno why. Bring loads of spanners and nips if you wanna fit in! They seem to think that the more spanners and crap you carry, the better the scaff.

On a more practical note, NSW, QLD & VIC will have cheaper beer in pubs than WA.
(It's coz they don't have the pokies in WA)

Last edited:
look on the internet mate the gold coast is busy but there are mostly marri from new zealand there wish i could go with its all system but in new zealand its tube and fittings or try freemantle as well good luck mate

If u go on seek.au that is the job page for all Australia u should pick somet up off there, if not look up scaffolding companies in aus and apply on the firms website

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Mostly layer new zealand an aus. As they can't get the lads to do tube an clip,
bit to much like advanced for them, they make a meal out of layer. Any anything a bit technical for them they will pay extra for an engineer come out at the back off u to see if its ok, they don't trust us brits. Standard part 2 over here would be a lot more qualified than there advanced

look at west australia, thats where all the rigs are, mines etc. a lot of work that side, sydney is picking up as well. jobsite seek.com.au is a good lead.

hi davie cambell
i recieved a job alert this mornining ticketed scaffolders wanted Sydney area . Log on to www expat engineering. com you will find details on there good luck

lapta

Unfortunately these jobs are advertised in Australian newspapers and are copied and pasted in much the same way as Jobcentre ads are copied and pasted to the forum by admin.
This is good for the aussie and kiwi scaffolders on the forum but not much good for lads in UK

i would of thought it would be hard to get on over there

I agree dave mate.
I applied for one job online just out of interest and just got an automated email reply saying to call an australian number but without the country code so they are obviously aimed at aussie scaffs.
As seen on other threads you can get on aussie advanced ticket after a 2 week course.
One of the big questions these Australian sites ask is "Do you have a criminal record?"
I didnt know you still needed one to go there lol

I agree dave mate.
I applied for one job online just out of interest and just got an automated email reply saying to call an australian number but without the country code so they are obviously aimed at aussie scaffs.
As seen on other threads you can get on aussie advanced ticket after a 2 week course.
One of the big questions these Australian sites ask is "Do you have a criminal record?"
I didnt know you still needed one to go there lol

Old joke but good all the same.

If anyone is looking to get spanner work in Oz or NZ then my advice would be to just email every scaffolding company you can find on the internet a CV with a quick covering email.

Forget these silly ads.

Old joke but good all the same.

If anyone is looking to get spanner work in Oz or NZ then my advice would be to just email every scaffolding company you can find on the internet a CV with a quick covering email.

Forget these silly ads.

Good advice Phil will stop guys wasting money on silly phone calls to employment agencies.
The old jokes are the best mate

Thanks for the info to all the ex brit lads who have worked there and know the score sorry about the posting but i took it in good faith keep looking lads work is out there

lapta

i really badly wanna get tooo oz too can any one helpp its killin me lookin on the net just cant seem to get ne wer lads

Top Bottom