Forth Bridge Painting Continues

HatterScaff

Reaction score
A 'MIRACLE' paint being applied to the iconic Forth Rail Bridge that's meant to last 25 years is ALREADY peeling off.
Shocked workers told yesterday how bosses have been left worried after the new coat started to flake.
Experts said the bridge's £74million makeover meant it wouldn't need to be painted again for at least a quarter of a century.
But our exclusive picture - taken before the work has even finished - shows the special paint is already falling off.
Last night one insider said: "The bosses are worried over this - it is flaking off.
"It's supposed to last 25 years - but the job isn't done and there's problems already.
"All the staff working on the bridge have been talking about it. There's no way the work is going to be finished in a couple of months like they are claiming.
"There's a huge part that's fallen off one of the girders.
"They are going to have to get the scaffolding up again to try and solve the problems.
"It's going to cost mega-bucks. There's been scaffolders brought in to build a platform to help the bosses assess the damage."

Pain't finished ... workers say scaffolding may need re-erecting on parts of bridge
The bridge has famously needed constant re-painting since it was opened in 1890 - to stop it rusting.
It even made it into the Cambridge International Dictionary of Idioms describing the phrase "like painting the Forth Bridge" as meaning a task that seems to take forever.
But two years ago it was revealed the "miracle" paint - containing glass flakes - had been found.

It was made by English firm Leigh Paints, and was said to mean the 1.5mile-long bridge wouldn't need a new coat until at least 2032 - or even 2042.
The bridge is being refurbished by workers from construction firm Balfour Beatty.
Last night a spokeswoman said a problem area covering approximately 10 square metres was identified on the bridge. She added: "As part of any project final inspections are carried out.
During such an inspection a small area was identified as requiring some re-work."
No one was available from Bolton-based Leigh Paints.

Read more: Miracle paint? Er, no it ain’t as Forth Bridge is ‘flaking’ | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

That is one mean ass job its cost a few lifes along the way but the scaffold is smart as ive tryed getin on with palmers had nothin bk yet yeah top job its the x factor

that will keep the boys busy then

the forth bridge is meant to have scaffolding on it . some of the jobs on there are as amazing as the bridge its self . i did 2 weeks there for an agency and wrapped to start direct for palmers but it turned out there was a clause between the 2 and i couldnt start for 6 month . i never got round to going back but would like to think i will eventually .seperates the men from the boys nine of us started only me and my mate left by the third day . not alot of health and safety just the way i like it . a lad lost a couple of fingers in a gin wheel the day i started . and it was only about 4 year ago . theres some gear in the bottom of that drink

a bloke fell from top following his supervisor to a job on nites and a few grit blasters and painters too illl bet there is some gear in there yeah it looks the dog ******** id love 2 get on it network rail are slamming down on it

I was on the job for palmers , lasted two weeks . The work itself is great but the conditions are sh3te . Slightest bit of rain and its 10 hours in the portacabin .Monies nowt special either , that was a few years b
ack it may have changed .Was also on it for sgb many moons ago .

god work but the moneys s£$t.idont mind doing the graft but i want the money, photos of hangers dont pay my bills :amazed:

Top Bottom