Chinese scaffold

bernie843

Reaction score
can anyone help me here? I'm in the Turuktag desert in China and the Chinese are loading up a scaffold with very heavy pipes and I'm worried about the loading [and subsequent collapse] of the scaffold.

The standards are 3 meters apart, yep, 3 whole meters and the lifts are about 3 meters. Some of the tubes are bent and there is only two tie ins to the steel. :sad2:

It is around 15 meters high with a few bent system scaffold metal boards as a platform.

Can anyone use their design scaffold to try and calculate the max load of such a terrible scaffold for me please?

I reckon it will be about a 2kg bag of sugar, no more. :amazed:

Thanks.
Bernie
Hami
Xinjiang
China

Hi Bernie, would have my arse off that scaffold rapid

As to loadings a bag of sugar seems about right :weird:

Go on it? LOL

I don't go on the scaffold, what there being no ladder. They climb up the building's steel to get to the top, no, I walk underneath it and don't want it to fall onto me.:wacko:

Hi Bernie

Without knowing the size of the pipes they are putting on the scaffold not possible to consider design.

Also if only tied at 2 places for 15m high then any calculations would be irrelevant as could not justify effective length of tubes.

If things are bending then it is overloaded allready.

Not sure if they worry about risk to life in China quite as much as they do in the UK.

I assume they do not have Health and Safety Officers.

Good luck and take extra care out there.

Chris Eng

Fire

Thanks Chris
They just set fire to their bamboo boards with welding slag. ha ha ha :nuts:

They had to bomb the flaming boards down to the ground where the fire extinguishers were. It was like a scene from The Meteor from Outer Space! :wacko:

They do have EHS officers out here, they pin a badge on one engineer and he is 'responsible' if anything happens.

Just been sent a photo of a dead worker out in the desert. He's been there since 2006 apparently when they were building the pipeline. :eek:

Better not cut my finger out here!:unsure:

Sounds like fun out there, hope you are on a good screw, keep safe

lot of years ago a demo gang were filling the sthill saw with petrol and spilt a large amount on the scaffold boards they then proceeded to cut through steel beams and set the scaffold on fire with the sparks :eek:

Bernie if you click "post reply" instead of "quick reply" you will have a choice of smileys :) :D :toung: just click em

Top Bottom