Metal 13ft Boards

scaffy

Reaction score
Easy gang , anyone got experience with these and where to source them cost ect pros and cons , think Lyndons and Cape are using them , just wonder if they will outlast the plastic boards:huh:

Easy gang , anyone got experience with these and where to source them cost ect pros and cons , think Lyndons and Cape are using them , just wonder if they will outlast the plastic boards:huh:
New one to me, never knew they came in 13ft's. What's the weight and are they a hook on, if not how are they held on from sliding.

Scaffy why don,t you be the leader of the industry and go green,Plastic is the future .:D

Them that i came across were poor to say the least easyily damaged,plastic are very slippy even though they have grip on them and are hard to tie down with board ties as they are 2 fat.Saw some alloy 1's years ago but they got scrapped at christmas wayin.

Only ever used 8ft kwickform steel boards

Sterling Safway regulary used a 16ft X 3" thick timber board with a big metal hook and fixing back in the day,are they still around ??

tried plastic to dear mate , i know what you mean by the xmas weigh in hence why we dont use ally tube !!!

Steel boards

Hi

When I worked for GKN Kwikform they tried to develop a metal board, but it slipped on the bearers.

They then stuck a sort of sand paper on the bottom to stop the slip, but ripped gloves and hands to bits, and got stuck with crap after a short period.

Also metal boards are not a lot of use if they get damaged as difficult to repair.

They cost about 3 times the price of a timber board so could never see any advantage.

They made a few thousand, but then gave up.

Not seen any other metal boards, usually decks with Layher, Kwikstage, etc.

Chris Eng:)

a mate of mine is at sizewell and he mentioned there was a load there with cape

Chris i get what you mean , that would be another xmas weighin

I am at Lyndon's pal and by christ I used them bad bad bad speaking as a scaffolder !!, think Kwikstage pan but same dimensions as 13' ,last time I used them was on a power station new build extension , I have been told we are using them in kings north boiler ::eek::eek::sick:
I will see if I have any pics .

Attachments

• 156.jpg
    156.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
as these i saw why googling

as attached pic whilst googling :)

Attachments

• lyndon scaffolding - Google Maps_1282850973871.jpg
    lyndon scaffolding - Google Maps_1282850973871.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 27
dont rate them then mate , look heavy and cumbersome ha ha , scrap the fuckers yeh

dont rate them then mate , look heavy and cumbersome ha ha , scrap the fuckers yeh

As a scaffolder no I don't but as a gaffer to provide these to a client who is going to use the scaffold for prolonged welding or in a food/pharmaceutical/clean enviroment then yes , oh and don't forget to tie them dowwn ...metal on metal :cry:

As a scaffolder no I don't but as a gaffer to provide these to a client who is going to use the scaffold for prolonged welding or in a food/pharmaceutical/clean enviroment then yes , oh and don't forget to tie them dowwn ...metal on metal :cry:
There may be a benefit to a client but not to the scaffolder weight wise. As for metal on metal not good. You would think after thinking these things up, they would have thought of end transoms similar to cuplok omega or kwikstage but put on with fittings as normal transoms, not rocket science.

never to much in the way of innovation in this game mate as you know , doing a big lump with omega at the minute

Top Bottom