Bircham newton cecol scaffs 1990-1992 (1 Viewer)

gowlap

Reaction score
Hello fellow scaffs, I am new to this site and was wondering if there are any members out there who were at Bircham Newton around 1990-1992. I was there myself on a cecol course my group number was S82. A few of the lads who were there were Mick Benn, Scott Harrison, Scott muir, To name a few. Just wondering if anybody is a member from them days.

morning gowlap,

welcome to the forum - hope you catch up with your old oppos. :)

Hello fellow scaffs, I am new to this site and was wondering if there are any members out there who were at Bircham Newton around 1990-1992. I was there myself on a cecol course my group number was S82. A few of the lads who were there were Mick Benn, Scott Harrison, Scott muir, To name a few. Just wondering if anybody is a member from them days.

i was in your year mate, whats ya name?:)

Anyone remember a guy called George MacKIE ONE OF THE FINEST Instructers the scaffold industry has ever had. ;)

i remember george mackie,the instructor i had was called, waddingham.i was there in ninty one.:bigsmile:
were they all playing golf in the traing hangers.(the instructors)

i remember george mackie,the instructor i had was called, waddingham.i was there in ninty one.:bigsmile:
were they all playing golf in the traing hangers.(the instructors)

Think he was there along time then, eighty one i was there he did the rigging and scaff training.Just remember him being very good at explaining everything.;)

names Paul Gowland I was there for GKN. Whats your name.

from the middlesbrough area but used to knock around with the scottish lads. i stayed in d block opposite Paul commah

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

numbnuts whats your name and were are you from.

george was there when i went 1977 long time ago

highlander,always remember george top fella think he worked for SGB before instructing and possibly the rigs.Knew all kinds of knots do you remember the monkeys fist.;)

yes i do remember he was a great guy ,wonder if he is still with us, think he was getting on a bit then

yes i do remember he was a great guy ,wonder if he is still with us, think he was getting on a bit then
Yeah hope so,Possibly not though God bless him anyway top scaffolding teacher for passing on the knowlege.;)

i remember gowland!how you doing mate?what you up to now?do you still here from big scott and Dennis?

Whats your name scaffbox, Havent heard from Dennis since we left. Big Scott Harrison was off shore havent spoke to him in around 9 months but still recieve emails from time to time.

passed the interview 1991,but never took the cecol offer up.was old guy with mouser mustache done all my cards there though instructor was guy ian walker his boy was doing cecol when i was doing my tickets.also a mad man named mcgrevey?a think sunday morning footie at 9am him knocking down your door,magic.

from the middlesbrough area but used to knock around with the scottish lads. i stayed in d block opposite Paul commah

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

numbnuts whats your name and were are you from.

names brent heap,from rossendale lancashire.for mi sins.:cool:

Brent how you doing were you there on the residential course or were you doing the 2 week courses.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Barry easterbrooke was my instructor big fella originally from london area

i was on the two week course part one,i was in a house on campus,just down from were the on site pub with snooker table was.:cool:

wasnt too bad for you then on the resedential course they used to make you get up at 6.30 and run around the airfield or swim ten lenghts of the pool. This was to make you get ready for the big bad world apparently. Never been on a job were i had to go swimming before putting my spanners on ha ha ha

Top Bottom