Reaction score
new inland revenue computor recons loads people owed tax even on paye
but theres thosands that owe tax first leters out next week.please let me be
a rebate one,

new inland revenue computor recons loads people owed tax even on paye
but theres thosands that owe tax first leters out next week.please let me be
a rebate one,

:DMe too dico

Fu**ing cheeky b**t**ds better not ask me for any more. This new Government's taking the p1ss.

Maybe bettertax can answer this one, why is it if I make a mistake with an invoice regarding vat, the vat man still wants his cut of vat I haven't collected the and the client has disappeared yet the tax man can make a total erse of his bills and still collect millions retrospectively?

Claimed for my Travel allowance in Feb, still not got it, before i came here they overpaid me 60 quid Child allowance and were on to me within days!! funny that they johnny on the ball when u owe them eh!!

Theres a couple of words for em but I wont repeat em in a public forum!!

Personally, I feel it's worth noting that HMRC have it within their own rules and MO to be able to waive any monies outstanding from the tax payer for tax owing that has been wrongly calculated by themselves - if it is found that HMRC had already been aware of all the information that they had needed to calculate them correctly in the first place...

Now, will they elect to do that... hmm I think not; however if a body of people are strong enough, and vocal enough ... then perhaps such a situation can be engineered.

Jeez, brings back memories of Wolfie and the Tooting People's Front
:amuse:

Hi Gents

Has anybody had one of these letters drop on the doormat? The first wave was due in today.

Hi Gents

Has anybody had one of these letters drop on the doormat? The first wave was due in today.

hope i owe loads went bancrupt aprill ha ha how says you cant beat the tax man. must be the only scaff that dont want a tax rebate.lmfao

Up to £1.5bn of unpaid tax is likely to be written off by HM Revenue and Customs. The vast majority would not be pursued because the cases involved were over two years old and open to legal challenge from taxpayers. There is a backlog of 7.5 million cases of tax under and overpayment, the latter estimated at £3bn which will be reimbursed dating back to 2007 -8.
Happy days maybe for a few of us on the forum:cheesy:

Top Bottom