Plettac, Layher and Scafom (2 Viewers)

bigman64

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if the Plettac, Layher and Scafom systems can be mixed?

Plattac and Layer can be interchanged (although some of the bay sizes are slightly different) Scafom looks to be of the same ilk but i've never come accross it. I wouldn't like to say what the implications of mixing systems could be though i.e. different strengths of components etc. And I know if, god forbid, your job ever went tits up and you have mixed systems, no matter if you have followed designs and done everything to the letter. Plettac, Layer and Scafom would wash their hands of the matter mate. Be careful!!

I agree Collo , all the system scaffs are designed to thier own parimeters although it may physicaly "fit together" I would never mix two or more system scaffolds.

Mixing kit

Hi

I have never heard of Scafoam ?

Agree with other comments as mixing kit will invalidate any of the suppliers warranties and give them an out if there was a failure.

Another problem nowadays is making sure it is genuine Layher, Plettac as copies being made in China nowadays.

All the best

Chris Eng

Chris

Scaffom are at the old Boulton factory in the midlands, they do a copycat Cuplok system and copycat Layer, I think they also do a copcat Kwikform. Don't know if the systems have any kind of approvals but they do have adverts in the NASC yearbook!

Page Title

I have attached a copy of a letter Layher issued us with
advising not to mix systems

well they would, wouldn't they

Attachments

• Layher Letter.jpg
    Layher Letter.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 56
Surely by mixing the systems your going outside of the manufactorers guidelines,leaving yourself in the 5hite if owt went tit5up.

whats the story then when cuplock queens mix tube and fitting into the mix?

I recently saw a chimney stack whereas the access tower was cuplock but the saddle was in tube and fitting, is this considered safe?

off the record I hate cuplock, the occasions where i have used it i always end up losing a finger nail handling the standards or hitting myself with the friggin hammer, and how the hell do you slide this stuff on and off a truck without the cups all getting jammed up?

reg , the stuff only likes to be in stillages and craned or passed off , i know what u mean tho

its a f****** night mare to load and unload without stilages and a forklift or crane , the thing i hate most about cuplock or quick form is the "BANG" "BANG" all day long drives me crazy :mad:

yeh there is a thread on here about somebody sued for loss of hearing due to working with system and got a pay out

No worries mate got a telehandler and 2 trucks with hiabs haha

No worries mate got a telehandler and 2 trucks with hiabs haha

Must be great to have it sussed Scaffy.:toung:

thats from experience of bumping the fuckin stuff , bruised shoulders , we run kstage and cuplock

its a f****** night mare to load and unload without stilages and a forklift or crane , the thing i hate most about cuplock or quick form is the "BANG" "BANG" all day long drives me crazy :mad:

lol phill wished the bloke i used to work with done the bang bang.the standard
fell over and broke 2 of my fingers against the breeze blocks.i laugh now but
does it hurt.:eek:

Use cuplok for some jobs, always load the standards on side of truck, let the sides down and lifts off handy. Agree with the bang, bang, but its fast. Often combine it with tube an fitting if i have to go up through an overhead rack or suchlike. For that i top out the last standards with the round spigot ones and top them out with tube and erect the rest in tube an fitting. Easy, handy, if you base it out to avoid any obstacle's in the way of the standards. Don't see a problem mixing the two.

Layher also have another system called Speedy Frames , we just started to us it here , its a 800mm wide two meter high frame that use layher steel decks and basically you just keep topping them up , dont even need a hammer as all the guardrails just slot in to the frames and there is no ledgers as the steel deck acts like a ledger .

Layher also have another system called Speedy Frames , we just started to us it here , its a 800mm wide two meter high frame that use layher steel decks and basically you just keep topping them up , dont even need a hammer as all the guardrails just slot in to the frames and there is no ledgers as the steel deck acts like a ledger .

Used that in Germany in the early 90s, also had different sized cantilever brackets. Quick as lightening great for the old square tower blocks in East germany but not good for any odd shaped stuff. had to be tied in every frame on alternate lifts.
Tricky getting past your mate with a frame when high up as had to put frame first then handrail.
SGB copied Layher and Plettac with a same system called SPRINT which was heavier and harder to handle. Heard a english scaff had a terrible accident in Holland caused by problem with stop end hand rail bracket.

Yes they do.

I have been a scafom customer for atleast 4 years and their system does mix with layher and plettac. I have mixed it successfully and my boys prefer scafom over the other two.

I have attached a copy of a letter Layher issued us with
advising not to mix systems

well they would, wouldn't they

They also told me the same, i found out why when i bought a 4m standard nearly £5 cheaper from Scafom, Layher lied to me and its becasue scafom ringscaff is a better product and cheaper. i have been over to holland and a copy of the certification has been attached.

Attachments

• scafom.jpg
    scafom.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom