Just had a text telling me that I'm been laid off (1 Viewer)

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy

Reaction score
Cheeky cnuts just sent me a message from work telling me that they aint got nowt on. I think it's disgusting that they havent even got the balls to call me and tell me.

I turned 2 jobs down last week as well. Anybody know of anything in London or Leeds?

Cheers

laid off

I agree mate
some people have the audacity for anything, i can imagine mate sitting having sunday lunch with the family, and you get a text saying your offski, this all so common practice should be outlawed, have the Gaffers got nee dangly bits no more, can't even look a man in the eye and explain to him why?

I had a couple of offers last week but I presume they will be gone by now. Looks like I'm resigned to sitting with Mr Google in the morning, starting with A right through to Z til I find something. Seems to be picking up a little down here now so here's hoping.

thats *****

just starting back down london myself tonight iam 1 of the lucky few whos got a job dont know for how long.

ill ask about you got your pts?

What a spineless prick!! :mad:This is what gives us Managers a bad name, in all my years in management I have only ever spoken face to face when it comes to lay offs, its the least the lad deserves, admitidly some lads have flown off in a rage and threatened me with all sorts, but you (especially now) are giving them news they don't want to hear and potentially ruining their whole lifestyle, you cannot and should not do that via a f*cking text message.

There should be a change to employment law.

I hope you get sorted real quick mate.

nah aint got the pts, never bothered what with been on the stations and working abroad. Me thinks I could do with it right now though lol

possibly it the only reason iam still earning over a grand a week over these **** times.

i hear corringham are maybe looking for lads appartly kitsons have taken over from dsl and there looking for men worth a try

Jackpot. Called 2 jobs, first offered me start in morning on £12.50 per hour at Charing Cross, I accepted but then got another offer about an hour ago. £160 a shift in Rochester, Kent on a bridge renovation. Start in the morning, Sweet

happy days mate ,,, do you have your advanced card ???? thats unbelievable money ,,, im over here in belfast and the money is fkin terrible !!!!! do you thgink i could travel over there for work ??????

Cheers mate, where you working in Belfast? I worked with a couple of guys from there on Dublin Airport, Kieron from Tyrone and Geordie Abdul from well Newcastle lol. Both live in Belfast.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

kitsons 01925629333
be lucky:eek:

Tried these earlier, sending me the forms out in the post, they said they have a stack of them to go through though so far.

yeah,i posted mine 2wks ago,iam off to dartford tomoz,£18 hr,so things are on the up!!!!!:)

Hi London boy i do believe it is against the law to text your layed off ask a union before you delete it you never know . i would never do that to anyone they are gutless worms. wish you luck with work chasing if i here of anything i will post it as new thread

yeah,i posted mine 2wks ago,iam off to dartford tomoz,£18 hr,so things are on the up!!!!!:)

i was meant to be going to dartford tomorrow, but it clashes with my nebosh, £18 an hour must be for SSUK, incinerator plant i bet, where you from ??

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

What job are you going on Kwikstage and for how long?

if you want the details pm me your mobile number & ill txt you some details, if its same job as i was going to its for SSUK, worked for them since last april, nice guy ian hes from wombwell

Well done to getting a start so quick mate. The graft situation up here (Newcastle) is still dire, i was one of the lucky ones to keep my job, however a lot of good scaffolders were not so lucky. There is a lad on this forum looking for graft,jeff b so if anyone hears of owt give him a shout mates.

Regards
Paddy

Top Bottom