unserviced fittings (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
Be expected to us unserviced fittings is a joke .
Having no yardie is a joke .
Getting told to stop complaining about unserviced fittings is a joke.
Trying to erect a scaffold with unserviced fittings is a joke .
Working for a tight ass company who wont service there gear is a joke.

An old mate of mine used to carry a squirter with him which as full of vegetable oil and use that and must admit was better than scaff eeze lasted for ages..But he is a very small firm. so doubt there was any coshh detail for that 1..

iv started using vegetable oil for my fittings, it works a treat, not as slippy as normal oil and it doesnt stink or stain everything

I know it can be tough to do every thing well all the time but sending out unserviced fittings is pathetic, just another example of a gaffer being too long off the tools forgetting how tough the job already is without them making it any harder.

allways forund vegetable oil to be sticky and messy !!

hi paul. ur bang on there,neva a truer word. serviced gear means a jobs goes up easier nd wiv less hassle,also quicker 2. it's like the bosses are trying 2 cut corners nd save money,but like u say no yardie,will end up costing them more in the long run. a false encomney.

EPL used to use a grease years ago seemed to last ages but man was it dirty :(
i dont think you can beat "scaffeaze"

**** me your going back some years there mate EPL - Enfield Plant Ltd , the scaff divisoin of laing swallowed up by the original BOW scaffolding yeh ???

thats them scaffy would have been late 80s i worked for them , all there tube was rust painted with red oxide paint , combine rust and grease and you looked a fine sight going home :)

We spray each layer as they are put into the fitting bins on return. Simple procedure and effective.

Where theres blame theres a claim,Unserviced fittings,Wear n tear on the elbows, wrists, shoulder joints etc etc should not be happening these days.;)

yeh i remember it , i brought a load about 94

Suprised some guvnors havent got you running round picking up the waste oil from take aways and using that on the fittings:nuts: That will be alright once you get use to the smell:laugh::laugh:

i new a lad who use to pour diesel from the pump on the fittings every time he filled up , nasty stuff.

Top Bottom