Nasc

R

ragscaff

Usefull or not??

Try to contact them for any help or info dead loss.

but too ready to point the finger of blame when their own shop is not in order. which is why garry has said that we as scaffolders should getting more power in the site office, by doing these courses, i would rather you came and kicked my backside, knowing you have been there and got the t shirt so to speak!

but too ready to point the finger of blame when their own shop is not in order. which is why garry has said that we as scaffolders should getting more power in the site office, by doing these courses, i would rather you came and kicked my backside, knowing you have been there and got the t shirt so to speak!

exactly, if you have respect for someone you will more prone to listen

I wont go into details as it might affect our 2nd application this year however I can tell you our experience of trying to gain membership in the first place was not good!!

Basically we were declined membership on a "Non Conformity" issue highlighted in photographs sent by a rival company in our region who are long standing NASC members and incidentally whos work as always been rough to say the least.

This is not sour grapes, we put our hands up to this slight mistormeanor and implemented changes within our business to rectify.

HOWEVER When we played the same game as this company and sent numerous amounts of photographic evidence of the very same "Non Conformity" issues included within that NASC members work we were informed that the Association would "internally" investigate....this company to date are still members and strangley enough their quality of work has drastically improved recently.

We felt as if we had been shafted basically, if our rival had brought to attention failures in our work truthfully based upon quality issues then that is fair enough, in our veiw this action was carried out on a purely commercial basis as being a NASC member would allow us into markets that they have been involved in for a long time and vetoing our application keeps out their competition.

In summary their actions have just galvanised our determination to become members, I will let you all know the outcome later in the year!!

In regard to usefulness:

On a Company basis I am going to have to say yes, the information that can be gained from the organisation is massive, you will have to pay for a lot of publications but there is also a lot of free downloads available.

On a individual basis not so good as they are not set up for it.

Have had same experiance, I am a sub contractor but two companies in the South West I do work for have tried to gain membership due to some of the main contractors, such as Midas & Carillion will only use NASC members.

Both have been turned down & have to re-apply in twelve months, one I am told is because two scaffolders had ECITB tickets & they require CISRS tickets. The other was turned down because two part 2 scaffolders had not had their cards sent through they had paased & had all the paperwork but not the plastic:eek:. Although the application had only gone in a week previously & the tickets arrived a week after they were turned down. Funny how the local area rep is a director of one of the largest scaffold firms in the area & they have had a proabition notice for failing to comply with safety regs, for which their membership should be removed!!

someone somewere will be giving backhands its not how good or safe your firm is its who you know and what cut your giving out.

Top Bottom