Loughton Scaffolding Granted Restricted O-licence (1 Viewer)

SF Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
A scaffolding firm has been granted a restricted licence for two vehicles after being called to public inquiry because of its transport manager's links to two failed companies.

Loughton Scaffolding Merchants of Newham, London, was appearing in Eastbourne before South Eastern and Metropolitan Traffic Commissioner (TC) Philip Brown. The company was represented by director David Loveday and transport manager Leslie Evans. Evans was the holder of standard O-licences for failed operations Cody Plant and Langston Building Equipment. They shared a site with Loughton Scaffolding for whom they had provided transport services.

The Langston licence began in October 2007 with Evans as director and transport manager, but ceased trading in February 2009. Evans said that its two vehicles were transferred to Cody Plant, but could not remember when. Cody Plant itself ceased trading in Septmeber last year.

The TC said that, despite taking advice from the Road Haulage Association (RHA), Loughton had no representative at the inquiry. "Are you just piggy-backing the same vehicles to do something different? I am concerned that you will start another business venture that fails," he said.

Loveday said that Loughton, a successful business, had been trading since 2001 and had invited Evans to join it. An RHA audit of maintenance and systems was booked for 6 October. Loveday said he would eventually get a CPC in his own name; Evans held one through grandfather rights.

The TC revoked the licences for Cody Plant and Langston Building Equipment, but granted a restricted licence to Loughton Scaffolding Equipment with two undertakings, around maintenance and CPC training, attached.

He told Evans; "Please stick to the transport side; you carry all the queries with you. If you were not involved, it is unlikely there would have been a public inquiry today."

Source: Road Transport

A scaffolding firm has been granted a restricted licence for two vehicles after being called to public inquiry because of its transport manager's links to two failed companies.

Loughton Scaffolding Merchants of Newham, London, was appearing in Eastbourne before South Eastern and Metropolitan Traffic Commissioner (TC) Philip Brown. The company was represented by director David Loveday and transport manager Leslie Evans. Evans was the holder of standard O-licences for failed operations Cody Plant and Langston Building Equipment. They shared a site with Loughton Scaffolding for whom they had provided transport services.

The Langston licence began in October 2007 with Evans as director and transport manager, but ceased trading in February 2009. Evans said that its two vehicles were transferred to Cody Plant, but could not remember when. Cody Plant itself ceased trading in Septmeber last year.

The TC said that, despite taking advice from the Road Haulage Association (RHA), Loughton had no representative at the inquiry. "Are you just piggy-backing the same vehicles to do something different? I am concerned that you will start another business venture that fails," he said.

Loveday said that Loughton, a successful business, had been trading since 2001 and had invited Evans to join it. An RHA audit of maintenance and systems was booked for 6 October. Loveday said he would eventually get a CPC in his own name; Evans held one through grandfather rights.

The TC revoked the licences for Cody Plant and Langston Building Equipment, but granted a restricted licence to Loughton Scaffolding Equipment with two undertakings, around maintenance and CPC training, attached.

He told Evans; "Please stick to the transport side; you carry all the queries with you. If you were not involved, it is unlikely there would have been a public inquiry today."

Source: Road Transport
I know Les Evans and he is one of life's good guys. His Dad, Old Les, was a larger than life character and his handshake was his word! 'Young Les' inherited this valuable charecteristic from his Old Man and is a well liked and well respected 'face' in the scaffolding / access industry. Sorry to see that 'Young Les' is is getting grief from 'Jobsworths'.

that was the original evans scaffold dealers , do u remember andrews and ingram too

that was the original evans scaffold dealers , do u remember andrews and ingram too
Came in touch with the other lads there but mainly dealt with Les and son. Had some good laughs along the way as well. Old Les used to say to me "If I was a Judge son, I'd put the black cap on for you !

I remember 'old Les', what a character... And 'young Les' is a good guy, bit of a rouge, but in this industry... his in good company...

this is typical vosa , there doesnt seem to be any problem with vehicle maintainance , servicing, safety checks etc etc just he happened to be involved with 2 failed companies, in the current economic climate you can do without this ********, most agencies are rallying around companies giving advice and trying to help out during this difficult time but not the self important jobsworths at vosa, maybe if they actually targeted the cowboy transport departments or people out there we would all have a fairer , safer more economic transport system but they instead tend to bother the good guys while the bad guys go free

Operators Licence

Perhaps we should start naming some of the rouges, who are running around with no O licence... I could name a few bandits there normally the ones with no Insurance for their vehicles or for any El & Pl... Know some of them as well one of them is working for a major division of TayWimp in Essex and they are getting away with it...

And ps I do remember Andrews and Ingram.... Paul is still selling I think in Brentwood, where you mentioned about that tube yesterday, ps come back to me on that one scaffy

Top Bottom