Workers escape injury as bus crashes into scaffolding (1 Viewer)

SF Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Builders liability insurance holders have been given a stark warning about working near busy roads after a bus crashed into scaffolding.

The BBC reported that the First Devon and Cornwall number 88 bus service was travelling to Falmouth when it crashed into the scaffolding on Boscawen street.

One of the top windows fell out of the bus when it hit the pole, but fortunately no one was injured in the incident.

In a statement, the travel company said that it had contacted the scaffolding firm to make them aware of the issue.

"We have warned all other First drivers in the area to be aware of the scaffolding and to take extra care when passing the building concerned," it added.

Last year, public liability insurance holders were warned about the responsibilities which come with scaffolding when the Health and Safety Executive prosecuted Bracknell Roofing Co of Suffolk for not using edge protection.

Source: Contractors Compare

I once had a delivery lorry pull out of the side of Morrisons in Leeds and the back end caught the independent, pulled it about 8 ft into the road and somehow it managed to stay up, It was fun trying to strike it with all the News cameras there lol

We,had a guy on site with a brand new automatic car,he forgot it was automatic and drove straight into the scaffold, lucky it was only up to 1st lift, stii had to Stihl saw the tubes out.

I once had a delivery lorry pull out of the side of Morrisons in Leeds and the back end caught the independent, pulled it about 8 ft into the road and somehow it managed to stay up, It was fun trying to strike it with all the News cameras there lol

When I did the St Anns Estate refurbishment we had similar...We had a big long run of stepped terraces running down the hill and a delivery wagon caught the end and dragged that out....there was a plumber working on it at the time and rather than run down the independent away from the collision he fu*cking jumped down the inside face where it had been dragged away!! he broke all sorts and as the houses were pebble dashed he looked like he had just been through a cheese grater!! To top it all once he had been carted off to hospital (He did make a full recovery) it was discovered some tw*t had nicked all his tools!! Not one of the Plumbers best days!!

PW that has really tickled me must have been hilarious.:p

It wasnt for the Plumber!!:D Thats just one of many situations I and I'm sure many others have experienced...I tell you I'm sure we could write a book between us!! I could devote a whole chapter to my good friend and fellow Forum member Phil MCree!! Boy I had some laughs with him, usually at his expense..and considerable pain :laugh:

i was errecting a 6 lifter , on a flank wall , the labourer stood fives up on the inside against the wall ,well with the movement of the boards when ya walked across them, one ov the fives shot down the inside hit the handrail an went straight through the aspestos bus station roof , my boss says sorry to bus company , an that we will weather proof said roof , luckerly it had a massive concrete gutter , i stood in that, not thinking i put my foot on the broken roof next miniute:eek: i,m 16ft lower down on my back OUCH , bit shocked the ambulace turns up carts me off , they check me out nothing broken i can go home , boss comes round later with my wages £125 was a weeks wages , he gives me £120 i asked why ,he tells me i didnt do full day , now thats FUNNY. FOOK I LAUGHED SO MUCH IT HURT MORE THAN THE FALL

WAS ON BUILDING SITE IN PENSHAW WHEN FORK LIFT DRIVER GOT SACKED FOR STEALING HE JUMPED IN FORKLIFT AND RAMMED EVERY SCAFFOLD ON SITE ie.6 N 5 BLOCK OF GARAGES,6 BLOCK OF TERRACE HOUSES AND 3 DETACHED HOUSES DIDNT REALISE BRICKLAYERS AND JOINERS COULD JUMP THAT GOOD LOL THEN HE WENT FOR CABINS AND SITE AGENTS CAR BUT TYRE WAS RIPPED OFF AND WOULD ONLY TURN LEFT CABINS BEING ON THE RIGHT ....PS THAT WAS AFTER HE HAD SMASHED THE INSIDE OF THE SITE AGENTS OFFICE AAHHH THE GOOD OLD DAYS

I just cant get a vision of a frank spencer lookalike out of me nut,keep bursting out laughing to myself..:bigsmile:

Top Bottom