Mist (1 Viewer)

Dj_Grega

Reaction score
Have any of use heard of this other stupid course they have brought in to work offshore, Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST). Everyone knows you need to do a 3 day Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) course to work offshore, but now you need to do this MIST course aswell because the BOSIET doesn't cover all safety aspects. What aload of Bull****. Havn't they heard of the credit crunch!.

another course

good post dj, it seems the industry sees us all as cash cows, more time off work unpaid.

Wouldnt it be better to extend the duration of the bosiet from 3to5 days to incorperate the new course.Suppose the rest of us currently with valid bosiets will have to fork out again,magic, Any idea how much the new course is

Dj Grega

If you goggle " Step Change in Safety " and view and search the offshore safety web-site, you will find information pertaining to MIST.

Although I AGREE in principal that MIST can be a valuable Safety Training Tool, HOWEVER, I must say that I CATEGORICALLY DISAGREE with Candidates having to pay for the privilege.

Who devises these Training Programs ?, and Who cashes the course fee's ?

Many of the Bears have to SHELL out for their own Training, with no guarantee of a Job at the end---there is something morally wrong here---

Seems that it is mandatory for newly qualified bosiet card holders to complete the mist course,and by the end of 2010 everybody else will have to do the same,possibly the likes of rbg,cape and salamis,will be able to rig up some inhouse training for the employees they currently have,the lads may get the course free that way.

daz

Apparently,the 2 day MIST Course is mandatory for Green Hands Guys who have not yet been deployed Offshore, for those who have already worked Offshore there is a on-line examination which can be done( FOR A FEE OF £67 :mad: )---HOWEVER, I would have thought that the Service Companies that you have mentioned would include the on-line exam along with the in-house Inductions for new and re-employed Scaffs.

Yeah thats correct, but its still a load of Bull in my opinion. Best way i think is just a rig induction when you land to go over that rigs specific rules and regs which they already do as far as i no. That way if anything does go wrong then its the managements fault and not the training board who provides the MIST course, because no doubt that there will be an accident and they will bring another MUST HAVE course to do along with the BOSIET and MIST.

Dj Grega

Could not agree with you more---the Bears have reached saturation point with all this magumba---Orginisations should include all of the MIST topics within their Inductions pre-employment.

Garry...

mist

hallo garry , idone the mist just before christmas its the most boring course ive ever done its very simalar to the safety passport most of it every one no,s anyway just another swindle

jeffB

Its getting to the point where the U.K. Offshore Sector Pay and Conditions are not worth the Bears out lay in Course Costs associated expenses and the Risk of Traveling and working on some of the time bombs out there, the remuneration does not reflect the risk.

During my time as Scaffold Projects Manager, there are very few of my old Crew still working in the North Sea.

Have any of use heard of this other stupid course they have brought in to work offshore, Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST). Everyone knows you need to do a 3 day Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) course to work offshore, but now you need to do this MIST course aswell because the BOSIET doesn't cover all safety aspects. What aload of Bull****. Havn't they heard of the credit crunch!.
does any1 no how much that coarse is?

All offshore personel have to do "mist" your right about the lads already employed, this free and is completed in about 4 hours online course! agree with you Garry in principle any thing to make bears safer has to be a good thing, but quite shocked at lads trying to come out having to pay themselves is outragous:mad: especially if £300+ is true...:eek:

hallo garry , idone the mist just before christmas its the most boring course ive ever done its very simalar to the safety passport most of it every one no,s anyway just another swindle
How's it goin jeffb,how much does the course cost for new starts.never done a trip bt desperate for work.it has to be done I'm afraid

Top Bottom