scaffold inspecting, do you need public liability insurance (1 Viewer)

Orac

Reaction score
i didn't think you would need it, as you are on a built scaffold & you arn't changing anything, just recording your findings?

i didn't think you would need it, as you are on a built scaffold & you arn't changing anything, just recording your findings?
Would'nt think so, your not posing a risk to the public, unless of course some H.S guy said you might drop your pen, you could counter that by attaching a lanyard. Where's it all going to end.

should have known you would need something & i bet its expensive:eek:h:

If you are working independently then you may need both Public Liability and Professional Indemnity - neither are compulsory by law (only Employers Liability and Road cover is).
Professional Indemnity is the main one for tghe inspection as this covers wrongful advice and specification, and Public Liability would be any resulting damage to third parties/property.

Cool
Seems like u don't believe me Steve,and employers would be for the men employed

Cool
Seems like u don't believe me Steve,and employers would be for the men employed

it wasn't that grum, just wanted a 2nd or 3rd opinion, there are some clever chaps on here you know.:D

Cool,n yes there is a quite a few ov experienced and cleaver people on,
Al ring nxt week

Orac i have just rung AIS now for the same reason as you ask, ive been told by reliable sources that i need Public Liability up to 5 million and Professional Indemnity up to 1 million for a safety advisor, Iam just waiting for the quote to come back. will let you know what they quote mate.

Top Bottom