Sssts (1 Viewer)

SWIFTY

Reaction score
I would like to ask anyone who has sat the SSSTS course what their opinions are about it, was it worthwhile ? did you learn anything you didn't already know ? and would you or did you spend your own hard earned on it ?

Hi Swifty, I did it a while back now and can honestly say I learned a bit but not enough to make it worth while. In short, I learned that no matter what you do and what precautions you put in place you are for the high jump if anything goes wrong. Mine is actually due for renewal now and the sad thing is I will probably renew it because although I don't rate it, it is a requirement that someone has some form of training to call themselves a supervisor, and yes I did spend my own hard earned cash on it but worse was giving up the time as we were flat out at the time so had to go to work early then went on the course dripping in sweat then spent the rest of the day listening to some half wit treat us like we were school kids that couldn't write our own name.

I did it a few years ago, all I learned was I was responsible for EVERYTHING and would end up in prison should someone die.
:confused:

Didnt learn much I didnt already know tbh, a bit of employment legal stuff, thats all.

SSSTS wot is this and wot is it 4 chaps

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

its ok i no now stuff that that is a jail card

Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme, next one up is the SMSTS.

Good job the person taking the bookings doesnt have a lisp.

Who did you do it through AOM?

Dave,

We are part of the Argyll Training Group which is just a load of different small contractors getting together to sourse reasonably priced training. Sounds pretty good in theory but the reallity is quite poor whith a load of bitching about what training should be priority and what shouldn't. There are not too many small building contractors interested in getting confined space training or harness inspection or even fork lift training, but the ssmts was one of the few where we came together and I managed to get trained locally for a few quid.

Maybe another thing for the SCCR to look into, "The SCCR Training Group." Sorry Ragscaff, I know you have a lot on your plate but I'm just thinking out loud.

Dave,

We are part of the Argyll Training Group which is just a load of different small contractors getting together to sourse reasonably priced training. Sounds pretty good in theory but the reallity is quite poor whith a load of bitching about what training should be priority and what shouldn't. There are not too many small building contractors interested in getting confined space training or harness inspection or even fork lift training, but the ssmts was one of the few where we came together and I managed to get trained locally for a few quid.

Maybe another thing for the SCCR to look into, "The SCCR Training Group." Sorry Ragscaff, I know you have a lot on your plate but I'm just thinking out loud.

Getting your own back because you have to write a report!!!:laugh:

I thought if I keep coming with suggestions you could keep writing the reports.:bigsmile:

Loved it.:love::suspicious: I was gonna reply over the weekend once I check some dates.

Recently took this through my las employer.....all it done was push responsiblity onto me and off the company. Learnt aload of legal garble but nothing really useful as I was already doing most of the tasks it involves. However for someone without any supervisory experience, I guess it could be beneficial to have this cert under your belt

Top Bottom