New Sales Leads

HatterScaff

Reaction score
What do you guys use for Sales Leads and what’s most successful ?

Cold Calling
Glenigan's / ABI's
Planning Notices

We have always relied on repeat customers, but with many cutting back or folding, we are now looking further afield
and a heads up would be helpful

Used ABI and Glenigan usually find that most of the info for us the sub contract has been awarded already - have had some results tho
Signboards ,word of mouth , yell and cold calling are the most effective

Google adwords works for us. You need a website though.

Forum, Google Adwords,

Hi

We started with pushing up the google search by using adwords and google maps, but your site needs to be well designed with the key words relevant to what people search for it to get up the search

It is helpful to have the name of your service in your website address.

We have also found sponsorship of the forum useful, but this may not be for your target customers.

When I was in estimating we used Glenigans, etc, the jobs were usually gone or shelved, but they gave a good lead to the contacts and an opening to discuss other available contracts coming up.

All the best

Chris eng

It's interesting to know you guys have to cold call too. (Spare me a thought when I get round to you :blink1:).

From our perspective, and I guess all marketing is pretty similar, your clients (if you're looking for the Glenigan types) are maybe on things like Linkedin and Twitter. It's also perhaps an idea to have a facebook fanpage (now a likes page and i think soon to be a buisness page). If you make a foray into those areas though, you have to be active and interactive.

Don't underestimate the power of social media and yes, you have to work at it and at first it's hard (I didn't really get twitter for ages - lol still don't sometimes - but imo, your clients could be there).

Make sure your website (if you have one) is well optimised, get yourself onto as many free directories (like freeindex) and onto google analytics. TBH, adwords etc was an experiment for us that we feel wasn't so good but I think it depends on your target audience and if they are seeking you in that way.

I could go on... but I won't!! :p

Top Bottom